We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istanbul Hotels

los angeles
Level Contributor
149 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Istanbul Hotels

Does anyone know of any 4-5 star hotels in Sultanahmet within walking distance (or really close) to all the main attractions in Istanbul? Thanks in advance.

Italy/Alaska
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Istanbul Hotels

Another thing...

As far as location...from what I could see, and what I experienced, all the hotels in the Sultanahmet area were easy walking distance to the sites!

The Apricot Hotel - where I stayed for quite a while - at less than 50 Euro a night - have a sister hotel next to them (The Cherry Hotel) - I did not personally go into the rooms there but I was told by the guests staying in those rooms that they were much larger, had jacuzzi tubs, quiet, etc. And the price was 1/2 of Seven Hills. The breakfast at the Apricot (where all guests eat) is served with wonderful views and is quite extensive. The housekeeping was also very good- and staff is friendly and helpful. You might want to check the larger rooms out in The Cherry Hotel.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,735 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Istanbul Hotels

we LOVED the grand yavuz, up the hill and oh, so quiet. the rooms were impecable. enjoy

13. Re: Istanbul Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 am, June 25, 2009
NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Istanbul Hotels

Hi Guys: last trip to Istanbul I checked out the Faros Hotel, it looked fine to me and a recent poster stayed there, he said there were a few glitches but nothing major. I feel uneasy about glitches. Faros is right on the main street of Divan Yolu in Sultanahmet and it could be noisy. About the Seven Hills Hotel I have no direct knowledge. Apricot is good I think, a poster also recorded some problems over at the Tan. I hear that my former favorite Hotel Daphne has gotten its act together and so I can recommend staying there once again. Near all the sites, around the corner from Hippodrome, Aya Sofya, Blue Mosque, great rooms, immaculately clean, and wonderful bathrooms, tv, and a/c in each room. The staff is ok, I had problems which I believe arose from the owner being away during the first 3 days of my stay, I went down south and when I returned for a further 3 days things were vastly improved. Ask for a room with a sea view, avoid the high priced restaurant and drinks on the lovely rooftop tend to be sky high so just go up to watch the sun go down. Eat across the street at the wonderful Cafe Sokullu. Also check out Zeynep Sultan, lots of people loved it there. Happy Travel, LemonLady

los angeles
Level Contributor
149 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Istanbul Hotels

Thank you alaskaitaly, that was some very helpful informtaion. I actually just contacted the hotel and their rate is 260 E for the hagia sophia room (apparently the best room) where as Faros is 95 E, so that's a pretty big difference considering I'm really not getting that much more in terms of the hotel itself.

16. Re: Istanbul Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, August 27, 2009