We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Suggestion pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Best Suggestion pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

Which is better:-

(please advice on token too)

1.Take Funicular from Taksim Square (our hotel is in TS) From Kabatas we will go to Dolmabahce Place as it takes only 5 minutes walking and visit palace. 2,5 hours up to 12.30-13.00 pm (For Funicular we buy a token YTL 1.3)

2 Then take a bus to Ortakoy, 15-20 min.max. we will eat our lunch in Ortakoy for a reasonable price. (1,5-2 hours) (For bus we buy a token YTL 1.3)

3. Take a bus to Sariyer on the same line (30-40 min). (Again for bus we buy a token YTL 1.3)

4. From Sariyer take the traditional-passenger ferry leaving at 17:20 to Bestikas reaching at 18:15. (Buy a token 4 YTL one way)

5. From Kabatas take the Funicular to Taksim Square (For Funicular we buy a token YTL 1.3)

OR

From Ortakay turn back to Taksim with bus without going to Sariyar (For bus we buy a token YTL 1.3)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Suggestion pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

What a great schedule!

I would go with the first option. You should definately take the trip down the bosphorous.

Or from Ortakoy you can go back to Besiktas (between Dolmabahce Palace and Ortakoy) to the ferry port and catch the bosphorous ferry from there, as it is much more enjoyable to go both ways with the ferry. You can also eat in Sariyer, it is a much more local place with lovely seafood restaurants.

Instead of buying tokens for funicular, token for ferries, tickets for buses, you should buy Akbil (short for smart ticket) for the day. It would be valid on all public transport, much much more convenient.

Enjoy!!

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,002 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Suggestion pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

I honestly don't understand your question, is it so travel cheapest or fastest?

I would only say do not make such a tight plan, traffic is busy, and maybe on a sunny day take a walk, you will see so much more!

Have fun.

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Suggestion pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

Hi Linda, Marceline and kapikad,

keep my advice, u wont regret:)

4. Re: Best Suggestion pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, August 18, 2009