We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please- I have a few questions about directions I need answe

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Please- I have a few questions about directions I need answe

I recently visited Istanbul and Canakkale as research for a book, mostly for Australians and New Zealanders. I unfortunately missed some information and now hope someone can answer it for me. Any answers would be appreciated, thanks.

1) Directions from Istanbul airport (hire care parking) to get on to road to Tekirdag if driving a hire car

2) Cost of a taxi fare from Istanbul airport to Sultanahmet & / or Taksim.

3) Cost of taxi fare from Istanbul's Büyük Otogar (Main Bus Terminal) to / from airport

4) Rip offs people experienced (eg. with Taxis)-

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please- I have a few questions about directions I need answe

Hi Mgus: let me answer our taxi question, fare from Ataturk to Sultanahmet is about 30 to 35YTL, to Taxim about 35 to 38YTL, depending on traffic, traffic is getting very bad in Istanbul these days. Abot rip offs, most of them occur when the driver does not use the meter, or uses the meter and puts on the night rate rather than the day rate, Gundoz is day and Gece is night in taxi parlance and riders should make sure that it displays the right time of day. Flat rates for taxi should be avoided, always use the meter. Also drivers are known to use creative routes, so to speak, and as a stranger in town you really can't prepare for this, taxis called by hotels are usually reliable however and I always do this whenever I am in Istanbul. Also some drivers don't want to go where you are going. Last month, a driver refused for whatever reason to take me from Taxim to Sultanahmet, I just got out and took another taxi. There are some splendid posts on taxis in Istanbul so use the search box and of course Happy Travel, LemonLady

2. Re: Please- I have a few questions about directions I need answe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, August 17, 2009