We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't decide which hotel.

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Can't decide which hotel.

The wife and I will be in Istanbul from 5th to 9th March 2007. We are not in the 5* mode of accomodation but just like warm, friendly, clean,comfortable and well positioned places. I have a few hotels in mind. Dersaadet Hotel, Sarnic Hotel, Uyan Hotel and Nena Hotel.

I seem to be swayed to Dersaadet Hotel. I am in my sixties and my wife late fifties. I hope it is enough to get around places. We will be spending our anniversay in Istanbul. I wish we had money to splash out but sadly we don't have.

Is Istanbul regarded as an expensive city? I know it is all relative and according to how much one earns etc. Any example of prices?

many thanks, Peter

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't decide which hotel.

Hi Peter and Mrs. Peter: Happy Anniversary, Istanbul is a great place to celebrate anything. I celebrate there even when I have no particular occasion. Of the hotels are your list I would recommend Sarnic and Nena. The Sarnic also has a great rooftop where you can relax and have a drink as you asked in another post. I also recommend the Zeynep Sultan, the Canadian Boys have written a great review of this particular hotel. All of these hotels are in Sultanahmet near all the sites you want to see and it's easy to get other parts of the city by Tram and tunel (little subway), taxis are cheap too. Happy Travel, LemonLady

2. Re: Can't decide which hotel.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, August 27, 2009