We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lemon Lady,or anyone with this info !!

UK
Level Contributor
100 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Lemon Lady,or anyone with this info !!

Hi, I think you are back.waiting to hear some stuff. Have a favour. Do you know anything about the Seres & Tan Hotel's in Sultan Ahmet? Would really appreciate some feedback. In the event that you do how do you think ithey would compare to something like the Zeynep Sultan?.Cheers, really appreciate a reply

Italy/Alaska
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lemon Lady,or anyone with this info !!

I have just stayed at the Tan for 5 nights - great hotel and so reasonable compared to the other 5 hotels I stayed while in Istanbul.

There is a review of the hotel by another guest on this hotel forum pages - also pleased with the Tan.

I will be writing a detailed review but in general - price superb (between 65 and 75 Euro per night)-air con-large rooms-baths have jacuzzi-tv with a few English programs-roof top restaurant serves very nice breakfast with great view-mgr of dining charming and ultra accomodating-WI FI- free access - fab locatıon-they do not overcharge for laundry services-

Because they are brand new there are a few bumps - I would not recommend the restaurant for dinner - for long stay there could be more storage for cosmetics and such - lighting could be improved for reading in bed - etc BUT......

For the price-willingness of generous staff-size and comfort of rooms ...this place is a winner!

I return to the Tan after my sojourn to the East of Turkey in a few days....most happily.

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lemon Lady,or anyone with this info !!

Hi Zinga and Alaska/Italy: thank you for your wonderful description of the Tan Hotel, I really had no good info on it until your post. Ok, the Seres Hotel, located in Sirkeci, near all the historic sites is boutique class hotel opened in 1998, wonderful amenities it has superior rooms and deluxe rooms, check out their website: http://www.sereshotel.com and get their rate information. You should email them to see if they have any special promotional rates for the dates you'll be Istanbul. I have no direct personal knowledge having never stayed there but I am sure our intrepid TA posters have, so let's see who's out there who has stayed here. Alaska/Italy I would love to hear about your trip to Eastern Turkey, my favorite place. Happy Travel, LemonLady

3. Re: Lemon Lady,or anyone with this info !!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, August 24, 2009