We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ritz Istanbul

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
houston
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ritz Istanbul

I have reservation here because it was more resonable than the four seasons. I am concerned about the location in terms of seeing the major sites. Has any stayed at the Ritz and can you recommend any restaurants?

Level Contributor
104 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ritz Istanbul

I haven`t stayed but I have been in its restaurants and cinema several times. It is very luxurious and the latest 5 star hotel in Istanbul. You will be in the middle of the city and you can go anywhere easily. The hotel is very close to Taksim and Besiktas districts where you can find all the transportation easily. You will be in a walking distance to Dolmabahce Palace which is a must to see. If you like night life Taksim has a lot to offer.

For the restaurants, I recommend Vezir Restaurant in Istanbul (http://www.vezirvip.com/eng/home.htm), Meridian Ice in Taksim (http://www.meridianice.com/en/ana.htm), Sunset or Ulus 29 restaurants in Ulus or for the budget &if you like kebabs Namli Restaurant in Etiler. Have a great time!..

San Francisco
Level Contributor
166 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ritz Istanbul

In terms of location and killer Bosphorus views with luxurious surroundings and great health club/spa and superb restaurants, the Ciragan Palace Kempinski Hotel is . Is is next to Dolmabache Palace, not to far from Ortakoy which has many harborside restaurants and a vibe to it since it's very cosmopolitan. The small mosque there is a must-see. Go to Anjelique for a drink where you can find the Istanbulites and the chic crowd. Another hotel that has spectacular Bosphorus views is Swisshotel. For restaurants: Changa for Asian fusion, Reina for Turkish/continental food and the added bonus of glitterati, Zanzibar in Nisantasi for continental food with attitude, Tike in Levent for Turkish kebab, Mezzaluna in Nisantasi for Italian. Sunset in Ulus has superb views and the food is delicious. In the summer, Nu Teras is "the place' at the penthouse of a buidling in Taxim. In the winder, these places shrink to their indoor location. Summer is better since dining al fresco is the norm. Enjoy my favorite city. I have been there 10 times in the past 5 years!

Istanbul
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ritz Istanbul

Ritz is not done to be Hotel, therefore its has nothing special than its view. Ok i admit the view is great but thats all. The service and interior design is so heavy that you have to have at least 90 years old to enjoy. Try more modern and nice places like four season or bentley.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
166 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ritz Istanbul

I agree, Ritz looks sort of industrial, not like a typical Ritz hotel at all. I've stayed at the Bentley, it is a small boutique hotel by the same designers of Hillside Su, I believe. They have good service but the location's not that great esp. in the evenings with the night walkers right by the front door. They try to be hip and they have somewhat succeeded. I'm sure you would enjoy your visit no matter what since Istanbul is a great city. You can never get bored nor go hungry.