We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do during a 4-hour layover in Istanbul?

Bakersfield...
3 posts
1 review
What to do during a 4-hour layover in Istanbul?

Hi,

I'm wondering if a 4 hour layover (4-8 pm) in Istanbul gives me enough time to leave the airport and eat at a nice restaurant with a sea view and delicious food? Is there a place like that near the airport?

Thanks

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
42,566 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: What to do during a 4-hour layover in Istanbul?

Golsi, 4 hours layover is too short to leave the airport. Do not waste 20 USD on an evisa. There is an excellent duty free shopping centre at the the transit area, nice lounges like Prime Class Lounge and cafes and restaurants. Enjoy them.

enigma...

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
152 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: What to do during a 4-hour layover in Istanbul?

Much too little time to leave the airport. Ataturk airport is one of my most favorite airports in the world. As an international hub for flights from Africa, Middle East, Asia and Europe it offers world class people watching. It's amazing how many languages you will hear being spoken and how many different national "costumes" you will see people wearing.

There is also a good food court and the duty free shops all offer free samples of turkish delight. Many a time I have left the airport with an upset stomach from too much TD!

Personally, I try to plan longish layovers in this airport.

Bakersfield...
3 posts
1 review
3. Re: What to do during a 4-hour layover in Istanbul?

I guess I'll have to stay at the aiport then!

Thank you all for your helpful comments.

Macau
Level Contributor
194 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: What to do during a 4-hour layover in Istanbul?

Is there any free wifi in the airport?If yes where?

thanks for the replies in advance.

5. Re: What to do during a 4-hour layover in Istanbul?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 29, 2015