We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any historical sights open in the evening?

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Any historical sights open in the evening?

I will be arriving in Sultanahmet around 5-6pm on a weekday and unfortunately leaving again early next morning. I love history and art, but I'm a little disappointed that most of the main sites seem to close at 5pm. I don't mind just walking around and looking at all the cultural highlights from the outside, but does anyone know if there is anything (museums, mosques etc) that is still open after 5pm? Thank you

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
425 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any historical sights open in the evening?

Galata Tower is open until 8pm everyday. I know it's not in Sultanahmet but also not far. I think you can visit also Blue Mosque after 5pm but Im not sure.

Edited: 1:53 pm, March 19, 2014
Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
8,972 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any historical sights open in the evening?

Hello Jıuventino76,

here you can find all opening times for Istanbul:

http://allaboutturkey.com/region-istanbul.htm

This website gives a lot of additional information, great website.

As for the mosques, they are always open except during praying times.

Good luck!

3. Re: Any historical sights open in the evening?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, March 21, 2015