We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving by car

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving by car

I will visit Istanbul in April, and I am planing to arrive by car. I am worried about parking - getting place to park, and being sure that car is in safe. From this aspect, which area would be the best to look for accomodation, and how much does it cost (per day) if I leave car in some public garage? Just to mention, I am not planing using car to get arround Istanbul.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,692 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving by car

Zlatko154, As public transport is excellent, it is a good idea not to use the car in the city. Parking spaces are hard to come by. However some Sultanahmet Hotels will tell you that they can find parking places for you, some free some for a fee. It all depends where you park. So you need to check the amenities of the hotel and see if they offer parking. Booking com website is a good one for that however you can also e-mail the hotel and ask this question. Here is a good discussion for that: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k3644…".

good luck,

enigma...

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving by car

Hi Zlatko,

Parking is very scarce and thus expensive in Istanbul especially if you are to leave your car in a parking place on a daily basis. Here is the map for all the secure parking places available in the Old City. By cliciking on each P sign you can get the price list for that parking area. Daily means "tam gün" in Turkish:

ispark.com.tr/Sayfalar/348/ISPARK-Otopark-Fi…

Hope this helps,

Borus

Edited: 9:25 am, February 02, 2014
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,692 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving by car

Great website for parking, Borus.

enigma...

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving by car

Thank you both. I will probably get accomodation at apartment, not hotel, so there will not be hotel parking.

If I am reading this parkikng website properly, parking is 4-10 EUR per day? What is the difference between blue, green and pink marked P on the map?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,692 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arriving by car

Zlatko, I have discovered that pink ones are "covered or enclosed carparks".

enigma...

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Arriving by car

....And yellow ones are for taxis and blue ones are regular parking lots. I have no clue as to what the green ones are for.

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arriving by car

Thank you Borus and Enigma2007

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arriving by car

That is a great site Borus.

The green carparks are the ones that are open 7/24 whereas all the others open and close at certain times of the day.

Take green Çemberlitaş car park for instance which has a capacity of 1000 cars and is located right next to the hamam and between Nuruosmaniye & Atik Ali mosques (open 24 hours).

edit: if you intend to leave your car there for a week those would be the ones you should focus on.

Edited: 7:41 pm, February 02, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Arriving by car

ResmeN,

I think the Turks have started to compete with the Germans when it comes to detailing things :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Arriving by car

About time too Borus, better late then never.

The more detail, the less questions that people will have and the better it will be overall.