We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shoe Shop?

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Durbanville, South...
Level Contributor
508 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Shoe Shop?

Hi

A few weeks ago I was reading through some posts on Istanbul shopping and saw a photo of shoes in an Istanbul shoe shop, exactly what I want! Now I cannot find it again!

I'm looking for flat leather or canvas shoes, not too expensive.

We'll be in Istanbul in June and this time I definitely want to buy myself a pair of nice shoes to bring back.

Please can you give me some names for shoe shops in Istanbul?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,297 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shoe Shop?

Annali-Floris, I do not know where you have seen that picture, but here are some shoe retailers at Istanbul: "www.theguideistanbul.com/search/…". Hotiç, Steve Madden, Nine West, and so many others. The third and fourth floor of Cevahir Mall has a lot of shoe stores. "istanbulcevahir.com/en-EN/…".

enigma...

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shoe Shop?

Hi Annali-Frolis,

No worries! Istanbul is a shopper's paradise and I am positive that you will find even a better one while you are visiting the city. Cevahir is a good mall if you are looking for main stream brands. I'd recommend Nişantaşı district if you are to buy a high-end brand.

Enjoy,

Borus

Durbanville, South...
Level Contributor
508 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shoe Shop?

Thank you both!

Made a list of all the malls, although I'm not a great mall person when on holiday! So much else to see, especially in Istanbul. But I'm sure I'll find a nice pair of hand made shoes somewhere while exploring Istanbul again!

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,028 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shoe Shop?

Possibly you saw the handmade Suzani shoes. Google on it and you will find loads of examples of handmade embroidered shoes and boots. You can find them near the Grand Bazar, in Arasta Bazar and quality souvenir shops.

Good luck!

Durbanville, South...
Level Contributor
508 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shoe Shop?

Thanks VillaRapsody, you must've brought me some luck! I found the post that I was looking for!

It was posted under "What to buy not too cheap not too expensive just unique" on 30 Nov. 2011. And then LynnB replies with an image under nickbooth.id.au/Europe 11 .............. and those are the shoes I'm looking for!

Can anybody tell me where to find those shoes?

Please help!

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,028 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shoe Shop?

The link does not work for me İ am afraid...

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,297 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shoe Shop?

This is the unbroken link: "nickbooth.id.au/Europe11/…B-shoes.jpg".

Anna, you can find these kinds of shoes at the Grand Bazaar and at the surrounding streets near the Grand Bazaar. Also check Arasta Bazaar.

enigma...

egypt
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Shoe Shop?

hi i'm going to stay at istanbul golden city Next week. I want to knew where is Cavahir mall located from my hotel ?how can i reach it ?

BR

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Shoe Shop?

Hi Komaty,

Take the tram from Karaköy (100 m from your hotel) to Kabataş and change over to funicular to Taksim and again change over to metro to Şişli-Mecidiyeköy station where there is a walkway which gets you directly into the mall.

Hope this helps,

Borus

Edited: 11:24 am, December 14, 2013
Durbanville, South...
Level Contributor
508 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shoe Shop?

Great! I'll keep a lookout for the shoes on my wanderings through the Grand and Arasta Bazaars.

You are a great help, thanks again!

Annali