We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Park SA in Istanbul

houston
Level Contributor
83 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Park SA in Istanbul

My family will be in Istanbul this summer and I'm considering the Hilton Parksa hotel. It is cheaper than other Hilton in Istanbul but would like to hear from someone who has stayed at the Parksa. Is it worth paing $50/nite more togo to other Hilton? How is the Oarksa service andlocation and facilities? thanks

Best of Istanbul: 1, 2, or 3-Day...
171 Reviews
from $100.00*
Special Offer
Istanbul Day Tour of Sultanahmet...
1,230 Reviews
from $72.25*
$85.00
Special Offer
2-Day Cappadocia Tour with Optional...
53 Reviews
from $250.75*
$295.00
1. Re: Hilton Park SA in Istanbul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 pm, February 21, 2005
2. Re: Hilton Park SA in Istanbul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:28 am, February 23, 2005
Basel, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Park SA in Istanbul

We have not been to the other Hilton, so we can not compare it.

We stayed for four days in the Park Hilton.

The stuff is friendly and polite. The rooms are on the small side, but there is lots of space for two people.

The bathroom smells quite strong, but it seems this is a general problem in the city specially when it rains.

It was a bit dirty (hairs on the bath walls, old bottle of water under the bed from former occupants) all though they clean every day.

We liked the idea of having a pot to make coffee in our room, as well as the iron with iron board. I do not know if this is available on all floors.

We also liked that they came every evening to ask if you need something.

The view is blocked from the buildings in front so it is quite important to choose a room on one of the top floors and a bit on the side.

There is a park which is separated from the hotel by a busy (but not very) road.

The hotel in on walking distance (5 min.) from a big shopping and restaurant area.

We never figured out why they cleaned a room at 23:00 on sunday night, thus waking us up.

Breakfast was adequate and catered for all needs and cultures.

Since we payed around 110$ a night (breakfast incl.) only, (there was this offer called Winter Escapes) we thought that the price/service performance was very OK. And we are quite spoiled.

I hope this was usefull. If you have any more questions I would love to help.

PS. there is a lovely restaurant in a small street very near the hotel. we found it on our last night there, which was a pity. Otherwise I think we would have eaten there every night. here is the link:

http://www.kosebasi.com.tr/

Level Contributor
104 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Park SA in Istanbul

Hi there! Hilton Parksa is much smaller hotel than other Hilton that`s why it is more cheaper and big Hilton has a great view of the Bosphorus. It is also more luxurious than the Parksa and is the first 5 star hotel in Istanbul. Parksa on the other hand is quite efficient and if you are not very fuss about luxury than it suits you well. It is in the new part of the city so you can reach everywhere easily by taxis (they are very cheap) and even walk to Nisantasi (for shopping and eating) and Besiktas (where Dolmabahce Palace, the mosque and ferry boats located). Another little tip while you are there don`t miss out ferry trip in Ortakoy and it costs as little as 80 pence or 2.5 YTL. Write me if you have more questions I lived there 7 years.

Istanbul
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Park SA in Istanbul

try www.bentley-hotel.com. You gonna love it, its not expensive at all and much mcuh better than both of the Hilton even it has no pool inside the Hotel :)