We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short stay near Viaport/Sabiha Gokcen

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Short stay near Viaport/Sabiha Gokcen

Hi Everyone

I have 2 days in Istanbul, flying in to Sabiha Gokcen, I would like to stay within walking distance of an area to eat and drink.

I'm comparing the Crowne Plaza and the Divan Istanbul, could anyone tell me whether I could walk from the Divan to Viaport, or if there is somewhere to walk around near the Divan?

Thank you!

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
7 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short stay near Viaport/Sabiha Gokcen

Hi,

There are 3 Divan Hotels in Istanbul and I presume you consider Divan Istanbul Asia (http://www.divan.com.tr/TR/Hotel-Destinations/Divan-Istanbul-Asia/ ) which is locacted in Pendik - 5 miles away from Sabiha Gokcen airport (SAW) as well as ViaPort. So, it will not be possible to walk from Divan to ViaPort. Crowne Plaza is located in ViaPort so you would not lose any minute to access to ViaPort if you stay at Crowne Plaza. I believe they operate complimentary shuttle service to SAW - it might be difficult to find a taxi for such short distance-

Divan is located on a very busy freeway (E-5) and I do not think there are a lot of places to walk around, in the neighborhood. ViaPort, on the other hand is a very popular Mall and entertainment center including cinemas (with movies in english with subtitles).

Hope this was helpful. Cheers.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,742 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short stay near Viaport/Sabiha Gokcen

VictoriaCatherine, You can not walk from Divan Hotel Asia to Viaport. It is too far away. However there are two hotels for Viaport. Crown Plaza and Miracle Istanbul Asia, "tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293974-d456318…". Crown Plaza is right at Viaport and Miracle Istanbul Asia is only 200 meters or 2 minutes walk from Viaport. They both are about 3 km's from the airport. I would pick the one that has better prices.

good luck,

enigma...

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short stay near Viaport/Sabiha Gokcen

Thank you so much

4. Re: Short stay near Viaport/Sabiha Gokcen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, November 12, 2014