We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ataturk Airport International - Place to shower and change

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles
Level Contributor
22 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Ataturk Airport International - Place to shower and change

I am flying from Los Angeles and have just 2 hours and 10 minutes layover at this airport before my connecting flight to Delhi, India. I don't know how big the airport and the who long it will take to get to the next gate. so, if someone who has been on the airport can please share how big it is and how long it might take ?

Also, if possible I would like to shower and change before my next flight. I found few suggestions about primeclass lounge but it's around $80 for 3 of us. Don't know if that is worth for just 30-40 minutes that we would probably have. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,570 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ataturk Airport International - Place to shower and change

Dev13LosAngeles, Ataturk Airport is large but easy to use. I recommend a minimum of two hours between two international flights but in your case since you will check all your luggage thru Delhi at LA, you do not need to leave the transit lounge. As long as you have the boarding passes for the Delhi flight, you simply remain at the transit lounge and go from one gate to another, and enjoy the excellent duty free shopping center.

On the shower issue, unfortunately there are no free showers, but you can use one of the pay lounges that can be accessed from the transit lounge. Here is the map of the departure level: "ataturkairport.com/tr-TR/…gidis.pdf".

good luck,

enigma...

2. Re: Ataturk Airport International - Place to shower and change

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 24, 2014