We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkey E-Visa

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,691 posts
292 reviews
Save Topic
Turkey E-Visa

Anybody used this yet?

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

758 replies to this topic
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,719 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
101. Re: Turkey E-Visa

Trang, This is evisa, "https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/prerequisites/", which is a special priviledge to make things easier for citizens of most countries, including Vietnam. For example US does not have that option and I believe that neither does Vietnam. Now If you apply for a normal Turkish visa from the Turkish Embassy/consulate nearest you in US, then you do not have to have the valid US visa or Turkish Airlines requirement and your application and Vietnamese passport should suffice. However there will be more questions asked, the process will take a longer time and embassy/consulate visa will be more costly. You can choose this option.

I would not characterize trying to make things easier and simpler for certain countries as a "funny rule". To be more specific, yes, all the requirements are strictly enforced and you will not be admitted to the country. So my suggestion is to use Turkish Airlines for your travel to Turkey (assuming that you have a valid multiple entry US visa) or simply apply to a Turkish Embassy/consulate nearest you for a regular visa.

good luck,

enigma...

Abuja, Nigeria
4 posts
Save Reply
102. Re: Turkey E-Visa

I went to the embassy in Abuja and they told me that I could use the E-visa as long as the airline taking me into Turkey is Turkish Airline irrespective of where it originates from. I will be flying Turkish Airline from London.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,719 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
103. Re: Turkey E-Visa

helyno, I thought you were first coming to Turkey from Nigeria. In any case, if you visit London first, sure you should use Turkish Airlines to fly from London to Istanbul.

enjoy Istanbul,

enigma...

8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
104. Re: Turkey E-Visa

Thank you very much for the answer.

I certainly did not mean to say "trying to make things easier and simpler for certain countries" is a "funny rule" (not sure why you'd think that). As I said, I just don't understand what my airline of choice have to do with whether or not I should be admitted into a country.

Anyway, the extra paperwork for a sticker visa is definitely not worth it. So now for me it's either paying extra for Turkish Airlines or just not going to Turkey at all and stick to the Schengen.

And again, thanks for your answer, it really helped.

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
21 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
105. Re: Turkey E-Visa

We used and found it very easy. On arrival just go straight to passport control.

Abuja, Nigeria
4 posts
Save Reply
106. Re: Turkey E-Visa

Thanks Enigma. Will keep you all updated

chicago
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
107. Re: Turkey E-Visa

Yes, it is a snap! Enter info, get email, click on link in email, make payment, and get PDF visa. Great system.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
108. Re: Turkey E-Visa

I have the same problem. Did your payment ever go through? I did it yesterday and still haven't heard anything.

YYC
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
1 review
Save Reply
109. Re: Turkey E-Visa

Jayrobert,

How long did it take from entering the info to getting the PDF visa? Thanks.

Dubai, United Arab...
3 posts
Save Reply
110. Re: Turkey E-Visa

Dear Consulate,

I would you like to bring your kind attention to your Deployed Staff at Turkey (SAW) airport Immigration.

People are so so rude, rigid and harmful over there.

Myself and my husband staying in DUBAI for past 2 years with VALID DUBAI residency VISA and we had planned to visit Turkey in eid holidays for 4 days and 3 nights via FLY DUBAI.

We had booked our hotel and flight ticket by 1st week of September and got the Turkey Visa through E-Visa, for which we paid USD 35 each.

When we landed at TURKEY (SAW) airport, Mr. Ibrahim Dogan (Immigration Officer) dint allow us to visit Turkey, he had mentioned that your Visa is not valid.

He dint listen to us, just issued a paper while mentioned due to improper Turkey Visa, you are not allowed to visit Turkey.

Ok, but how we should know about the same, we got E-visa through Turkey Official Website. For us that was the original confirmed E-visa from your website.

Afterthat, he dint allow and listen to us, he just locked us in room. Why and what for? Me and my husband, we both are working in a Govt. Organisation in Dubai and Im working For Turkey Govt. Company in Dubai. We just wanted to visit Turkey, thats all its our fault???

At your SAW airport no one understand English and staff are so rude, they dint provide the food and basic needs to stay in airport locked room. Rooms (male/female) was stinking, dirty and in filthy condition. Security Officer there was smoking badly. Male and Female security officer dint allow to meet my husband there but they both sitting together?? Is this allow there?? Is This Judgmental ?? As per them it was upto an international standard.

it seems like we were in jail. why this kind of treatment for tourist???

Mr. Ibrahim Doden boldly said, you can raise my complaint to Consulate in Dubai.

People were so arrogant, we will never recommend anyone to visit Turkey and what for, just to go through with all these insult and TORTURE???

We wasted all money and time to plan for Turkey.

Before sending tourist back to there country, its better to create one provision to give Turkey Visa at Turkey Airport, For tourist, they will always go everything through internet. now a days, who go physically to book the air tickets and train tickets?

Please look into this matter urgently before tourists get hurt, punished and changed their mind to visit Turkey.

Reply to: Turkey E-Visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted