We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shoping in Istanbul for beginners

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohrid, Republic of...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Shoping in Istanbul for beginners

Hi friends,

I want to ask you for some additional help with some clear information,for opening a small boutique for clothing.

We are beginners. So, what is the best place in Istanbul for purchase in larger quantities, but not so large, just for one small boutique? Example 200-300 pieces of different variety of clothes.

When is the best time for purchase, is there some special period of day or week?

What about bargain, how can we cut the price from the start one?

I would be very grateful if I get some answers and help from your side.

Thx in advance

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,222 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shoping in Istanbul for beginners

bendjo, Congratulations on your store, and welcome to Istanbul.

For your store, the best places to start purchasing wholesale is Laleli, Osmanbey and Merter areas. At Merter, check "whocit.com". Also have a look at. "www.alibaba.com/trade/search…", and "www.osmanbeyfashion.com/eng/bayangiyim.html", and "www.tekstilportal.com/firma_rehberi_en.asp…".

good luck,

enigma...

Ohrid, Republic of...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Shoping in Istanbul for beginners

Thank u very much dear Enigma for your help...We are planing to travel around middle of April..we have been in Istanbul last year, staying in hotel Grand Durmaz....is it Laleli shops near to this hotel, or maybe you can tell us some better solution?..what about transportation to Osmanbay and Merter?

We have one situation, that me must take our small baby (6 months) with us, and to caring with us when we do shopping...is it OK to do that?

Greetings

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,222 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shoping in Istanbul for beginners

Bendjo, grand Durmaz is at Aksaray. You pick another hotel at laleli this time, one tram stop before Aksaray.

To go to Osmanbey, take the metro from Taksim to Osmanbey (first) stop.

To go to Merter, Take the tram T1 (signposted Bagcilar) from Laleli to "Merter Tekstil Merkezi" stop. That's it. There are many streets there that only does wholesale.

Yopu can take your baby with you, no problem. Perhaps get a stroller.

enigma...

Cairo, Al Qahirah...
Level Contributor
57 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shoping in Istanbul for beginners

Dear enigma,

I will be arriving to Istanbul inshallah after tomorrow and as I don't have much time I need you to suggest me just one place to buy non expensive gifts that can suit all family members like Turkish style bags and accessories but all in one place pls. Thank you so much

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,222 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shoping in Istanbul for beginners

RababE, I would recommend the government gift store "GES" that stands for Geleneksel El Sanatlari (traditional handicrafts). It is located at Eminonu. They all have fixed prices and there is no bargaining like in Grand Bazaar but their prices are very reasonable. Very good store to shop for all sovenirs. For detailed info, have a look at my post No. 3 at the following thread: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k6170…".

good luck,

enigma...

Ohrid, Republic of...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Shoping in Istanbul for beginners

Dear Enigma,

We have been to Laleli, Osmanbay and Marter for the first our wholesale shopping, we get good price for room in Hotel Pierre Loti, we get Istanbul metro card.

For the first time was OK, but we expect less prices for wholesale clothes, and especial in Laleli and Osmanbay, prices are not so small.

Can u give me some suggestion, is there some other places in Istanbul that are centers for wholesale, except these 3 places, where we can find maybe cheaper prices, or these 3 are main centers?

I will be pleased if I get information on time, cause we are coming again in Istanbul at the end of this week.

7. Re: Shoping in Istanbul for beginners

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 29, 2014