We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

city of sultan - tours

Level Contributor
252 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
city of sultan - tours

Hello

I will be in Istanbul for 4 days and three nights, and came across tour package of city of sultans. I found them to be very customizable and very affordable, however, they do ask for payment upfront and I would just like to hear back if any of you have tried them and how were your experiences?

I would be travelling with my mother, who although is amongst her 50s, has NEVER been outside of canada, so I don't want it to be toooo overwhelming, which is why I thought a tour would be suitable so that everything is planned and we have the night to go do what we like and get "lost" in the city vs getting lost all day hehe

I want to make this the best trip ever for her, and so i really wanted to check out the belly dance dinner shows, see lots of mosques, the main attractions cruises and so forth, and i saw that city of sultans has offered this.

The affordable package has been the bronze which includes accommodation at either mina hotel or the Q Inn Hotel Old City Istanbul. have any of you stayed here? Are they clean, nice, etc?

Any suggestions/experiences/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much in advance!!!!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,963 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: city of sultan - tours

Reeema, welcome to Istanbul.

I do not use any tours here in Turkey but here are some forum member reviews of City of Sultan Tours: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k1936…". They seem to be very positive.

Q Inn Hotel Old City has a very good location in Sirkeci and it is a modest hotel. Here are its reviews. "tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293974-d180424…". Hotel Mina also has a very good location at Sultanahmet, "tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293974-d304824…", and has decent reviews. So you need to compare the reviews, the prices, amenities, locations, quality of service, etc. to make up your mind.

good luck,

enigma...

2. Re: city of sultan - tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 17, 2014