We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Henna Tattoo- Istanbul

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
32 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Henna Tattoo- Istanbul

Hi, does anyone know where I can currently get a henna tattoo in Istanbul?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
33 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Henna Tattoo- Istanbul

The Taksim / Beyoglu area, especially Istiklal street is full with tattoo studios. So I suppose they would do henna tattoos as well. If they don't, I'm sure they'll know where you can go.

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Henna Tattoo- Istanbul

Ink tattooists are not likely to do henna - while they are both 'art on skin', they are very different techniques and skills.

Les Arts Turcs in Sultanahmet used to do henna classes and tattoos but I am not sure if they still do. It would be worth asking them though as they may well know who might.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
32 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Henna Tattoo- Istanbul

I agree that they are 2 very different methods. I used to get them done in Abu Dhabi at beauty salons for the equivalent of $8 USD. I'll check Les Arts Turcs...... saw that mentioned before. Thank you both.

4. Re: Henna Tattoo- Istanbul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 16, 2014