We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Ataturk airport to Yenikapi

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
302 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
From Ataturk airport to Yenikapi

Next week I will be arriving at the airport at 9:00 am and have to catch the ferry to Yalova at 11:30. In this forum I read about the Havatas bus so I e-mailed them to find out if there is such a bus to the Ferry terminal and what time it runs, but have got no answer. Please, can someone find out for me? Does the regular Havas bus stop there, on request? I'd rather not pay for a taxi.

Your help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Yalova
Yalova
Yalova Province, Turkey
Best of Istanbul: 1, 2, or 3-Day...
171 Reviews
from $100.00*
Special Offer
Istanbul Day Tour of Sultanahmet...
1,230 Reviews
from $72.25*
$85.00
Special Offer
2-Day Cappadocia Tour with Optional...
53 Reviews
from $250.75*
$295.00
Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,158 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: From Ataturk airport to Yenikapi

Hi BB, I would just catch a taxi from the airport. It will be faster than switching from one system to the other. Also if you put yourself in a location where the taxi fare is only 5TL you may not find a driver who will accept such a low fare so you could end up having to walk or offer the driver a bonus above the metered rate.

Taking a taxi from the official taxi stand at the airport should not cost much more than 20TL, and you should reach your destination within 15 minutes.

Personally I would not even consider options other than a taxi.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
302 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: From Ataturk airport to Yenikapi

Hi Busy,

I need to say this for you and all the others like enigma, cag etc. who give so much of your valuable time to make it so much easier for the rest of us to plan our travels. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

NYC
5 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: From Ataturk airport to Yenikapi

Hi BB-GR,

I am actually running into the same situation as you. Did you end up taking the taxi from airport to Yenikapi? How much?

Thank you!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
39,896 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: From Ataturk airport to Yenikapi

WS L, welcome to Turkey.

A taxi from Ataturk Airport to Yenikapi IDO pier is about 40 TL.

enigma...

Mentioned in this post
Ataturk Airport
Ataturk Airport
Istanbul, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
302 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: From Ataturk airport to Yenikapi

Hi WS,

I took Robert's advice (read #2 answer). The Metro from the airport to Aksaray took about 40 min. and was nice, since you get to see some of the city. There are token machines by the metro station and tokens cost 3 TL. After exiting Aksaray I crossed the avenue and took a taxi for 5.50 TL. The man was nice and took me there, no hussle, in 5-8 min. It takes ab. 10 TL and less than an hour from the airport to Yenikapi ticket window. At Yalova when u get off the ferry, there are buses waiting to take you to Bursa or Isnik or wherever. Very easy.

Have a great time, I did.

Mentioned in this post
Yalova
Yalova
Yalova Province, Turkey
Bursa
Bursa
Bursa Province, Turkey
16. Re: From Ataturk airport to Yenikapi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 10, 2014