We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peradays in Beyoglu to Ataturk airport

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new zealand
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Peradays in Beyoglu to Ataturk airport

Can someone please give me directions using local transport to get from Peradays in Beyoglu to Ataturk airport leaving on a weekday at 6am. Thanks

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peradays in Beyoglu to Ataturk airport

You are a fair distance from the tram stop at Karakoy and about the same from Taksim Square.Provided you are travelling light and don't mind walking you can walk to either in c.30 minutes or ask the hotel to call you a cab to either.

I gave you details about the tram in your other post.Now I mention Taksim Square because from there you can take the Havataş bus direct to the airport as an alternative to the tram/metro combo.

http://www.havatas.com/en/coach.aspx?i=1

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,266 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Peradays in Beyoglu to Ataturk airport

tina, You are almost twice as further away from Karakoy than Taksim so walking to Karakoy is not an option. You are about 800 meters away from Taksim HAVATAS bus stop. Furthermore you should not walk at that hour from the hotel whether 6.00 AM is your plane departure time or your departure from hotel. It is still dark and the night is not out yet. I would have the hotel call a taxi for you for the airport and the cost will be about 40 TL. (assuming your flight is at 6.00 AM)

HAVATAS bus from Taksim is NOT an option for a 6.00 AM flight simply because their earlier bus is at 1.00 AM and later bus is at 4.00 AM from Taksim to Ataturk Airport. The first is too early for your 6.00 M departure, and the second is too late. If you are leaving the hotel at 6.00 AM, you can take the HAVATAS bus.

My recommendation is not to bother with the HAVATAS bus. Just have the hotel call a taxi for you for the airport. You must be at the airport minimum two hours before flight departure.

enjoy Istanbul,

enigma...

Edited: 10:42 pm, February 04, 2013
new zealand
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Peradays in Beyoglu to Ataturk airport

Thankyou for your replies. Our flight departure ex Ataturk is 7.30am with a report in time of 6.30am. We are flying Atlasjet.

Bus or taxi? Considering convenience vs cost :)

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,266 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Peradays in Beyoglu to Ataturk airport

tina, take a taxi.

enigma...

new zealand
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Peradays in Beyoglu to Ataturk airport

Thanks for your help sarikanarya and enigma

Istanbul
Level Contributor
615 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Peradays in Beyoglu to Ataturk airport

tina, although others may disagree with this advice, if you have not too much luggage, I would take the 96T bus which runs down Tarlabasi Blvd, only a few steps from your hotel. At that time of the night/morning buses are essentially empty and take less than one hour. They depart hourly from Taksim. I would check with your hotel to see exactly where on Tarlabasi Blvd. is the nearest stop. I have used this city bus often at that time of day, when other options mean "taxi". If money is of no importance to you, then taxi as sari and enigma have posted.

Edited: 12:12 am, February 08, 2013
Istanbul
Level Contributor
615 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Peradays in Beyoglu to Ataturk airport

Taksim Kalkış saati

İş Günleri Cumartesi Pazar/Tatil

02:30 02:30 02:30

04:30 04:30 04:30

06:30 06:30 06:30

07:20 07:20 07:20

13:40 13:40 13:40

14:50 14:50 14:50

20:35 20:35 20:35

21:30 21:30 21:30

00:30 00:30 00:30

Every day of the week is the same schedule at this time of night/early AM. These times are departing from Taksim; bus should reach your hotel about 5 minutes later. I usuually get to Tarlabasi Blvd at the same hour that the bus leaves Taksim. You will need to wave down the bus at the bus stop. Hope this info helps.

Istanbul
Level Contributor
615 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Peradays in Beyoglu to Ataturk airport

Addendum/correction to my OP on this topic. Seems as if the scheduling has changed so that the 96T bus leaves once every TWO (2) hours from Taksim. The post which followed shows the times of departure from Taksim to IST Airport.

9. Re: Peradays in Beyoglu to Ataturk airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 10, 2014