We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snow in istanbul

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
snow in istanbul

we're already booked for a Turkey trip on 17th of January 2013, I would like to know if the snow in istanbul has been started?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: snow in istanbul

The city is all covered in a white blanket at the moment. The weather will get warmer (from minus two to five degrees) in a couple of days and the snow will melt away. It is difficult to predict how it will be on the 17th.

Bring warm clothes with you.

Borus

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: snow in istanbul

We also booked a trip for the same date (Jan 17th), I checked Accuweather and it showed rainy days but no snow( lowest temp is 5'c).

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: snow in istanbul

Borus: Thanks for the info.

Dubai, United Arab...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: snow in istanbul

Hi!

i'm planning to go on a trip on the 28th of february.. I heard it usually snows on this month. How's the weather now ? really excited as it is my first time to go there as well;)

michelle

Marmaris, Turkey
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: snow in istanbul

it was really good weather last week and yesterday started a lil bit raining but not cold. and no snow

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: snow in istanbul

Hi Michelle!unfortunately it's just a very cold weather in istanbul, you better go visit bursa(mt. olypus) if you want to experience and see snow. it's 3hrs more or less trip from istanbul.thanks!enjoy!!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: snow in istanbul

Hi .. We are doing a trip too to istanbul on march 13 .. Especially booked a trip up to mt uludag with great expectations of seeing snow . Where excatly are v going up to in mt uludag ? Is it a national park ? As the tour just says up to mt uludag . Will v see any snow ?? Already upset hearing that the cable car may be under maitenance ..

Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,601 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: snow in istanbul

In March there should still be two metres of snow at the ski resort in Uludag. You will be able to go by road: either a taxi or the dolmus from Bursa.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: snow in istanbul

Vini N: Hi!we had a great experience in uludag, the place was covered with snow :) ,.sadly wasnt able to use the cable car (under maintenance)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: snow in istanbul

Joana - Hi! I along with a couple of friends, are a planning a trip to Istanbul from 14 - 17 March. We have plans to visit Uludag. Can you please let me know how to travel to Uludag from Istanbul? what is the approximate expense like and how much time is required to visit there and come back?