We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istanbul Food Tour

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Istanbul Food Tour

G'Day All,

Need some advice on the best value for money Food tours available in Istanbul.I have been looking online and found a few tours but they are all very expensive. I'm flying in Istanbul on Friday afternoon and would prefer a tour on Friday evening or Sunday morning if possible. I tried Turkish Flavours website and it seems they have a tour leaving at 5.30pm on Friday but I land in Istanbul around 4.00pm so dont think will be able to make it?

Appreciate any suggestions...

Thanks Andy

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Istanbul Food Tour

Hi - Until you may hear from a local, you should go to the SEARCH box at the top of this forum. i just typed in FOOD TOURS, and there were many questions and answers from past visitors and DE's as well. This is an outstanding tool for your plans.

As a side note: I had planned on taking a food tour, but found so many markets, bazaars, side street vendors and outdoor carts with great grazing, that I "did it myself" just walking around and saved a good deal of money by doing so.

The market streets off the pier at Kadikoy had every type of foodie staple and fantasy, and as you disembark from that excursion on your return, you will be just minutes from the Spice Bazaar, which you must see before you leave

Bon Apetit, Andy.

Sharon

Edited: 9:01 pm, January 06, 2013
2. Re: Istanbul Food Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 08, 2014