We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

toilets ?

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
975 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
toilets ?

A strange question but one I am sure everyone would like to ask but dare not :)

are there many public ladies toilets in the tourist areas and what are they like? do you need to pay? what will they say on the door?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
40,058 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: toilets ?

glitter..., there are some public toilets at major squares. For example there is one at Kadikoy pier area (Asian side). They have WC sign on them. "Bayan WC" means ladies toilets. They usually require a small fee to use them. For additional info, have a look: "www.theguideistanbul.com/news/detail/316".

good luck,

enigma...

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: toilets ?

Hi glittergal.

You will see many McDonalds around. See arches? = clean, free toilets!

or Starbucks and Gloria Jean's coffee.

Trondheim
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: toilets ?

You can use a toilet in any restaurant in Istanbul, if that is the most convenient option. It is not like in any cities where they have signs like only for customers.

Mentioned in this post
Loughborough...
Level Contributor
975 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: toilets ?

thanks everyone one less thing to worry about :)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: toilets ?

You're welcome. And don't worry about anything:)) I traveled there twice as a solo visitor and, besides all the obvious historical sites that will impress you, the city is safe, clean, incredibly easy to navigate and friendlier to visitors than most places I've been. Just follow normal "street smarts".

And in regard to your original question:

"nerede tuvalet? ..... where is the toilet (I think!!!)

6. Re: toilets ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 08, 2014