We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istanbul Asian side

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Istanbul Asian side

Good morning,

We will come next week to Serenity Hotel Istanbul, by the way we would like to visit the asian side of Istanbul for one journey.

Please could you tell us how can we do? and which is the best place do advice us to visit? and how can we get?

We are waiting your answer.

Thanks and best regards

istanbul
Level Contributor
166 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Istanbul Asian side

Hi Heyet S,

If you want, you can join to some city tours which is going to give you some idea about the Europe and Asia,

www.turkeytravelplanner.com/tourop/index.html you can get more information from here

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,987 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Istanbul Asian side

hayet s, welcome to Istanbul.

You have a good hotel and there is absolutely no need to take tours to the Asian side. You can easily do it on your own and save a lot of money that way.

I live at the Asian side and have a look at my thread on things to see and do at Kadikoy, the Asian side: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k1844…". All you have to do is walk to Sultanahmet tram stop from your hotel, take the tram to Eminonu and board the ferry that leaves for Kadikoy from its own "Kadikoy" pier at Eminonu. That is it. Have a nice lunch or dinner at my favorite restaurant called "Ciya Sofrasi" at Kadikoy.

good luck,

enigma...

Edited: 2:49 am, December 31, 2012
Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,103 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Istanbul Asian side

Hi Heyet, I just want to confirm Enigmas's advice that you do not need a guide to enjoy a visit to the Asian side. This is something you can easily manage on your own. Take the tram to the Eminonu stop. Walk across the street to the ferry docks. Take the Kadikoy ferry (3Tl). The ferry usually operates about every 20 minutes. It is a 20 minute excursion. Once on the Asian side follow Enigma's excellent thread to visit places of interest to you.

I am positive that you will have a much better experience if you avoid being herded about like a farm animal on a group tour or paying 150Euros for someone to accompany you to Kadikoy.

New York City
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Istanbul Asian side

Do you need to bring your passport to get to the Asian side?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,987 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Istanbul Asian side

Of course not. Do you need a pssport to go from Manhattan to Brooklyn?

enigma...

Istanbul
Level Contributor
615 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Istanbul Asian side

:)

Vancouver
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Istanbul Asian side

Bahiriye street is worth seeing as there is a fantastic opera house there. Have a meal and do some shopping. Look for Mithat Outlet store which sometimes has some fantastic buys or Mudo Outlet. There is also the restored mansion of Manco Baris, a famous rock star. A Greek Orthodox church s also just off the street. All of this is in the upper part of Kadikoy, between Kadikoy and Moda.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,987 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Istanbul Asian side

Popeye, thanks for the review for Kadikoy shopping. The best is to take nostalgic tram from the pier area to the stop at . The Bahariye. There is very good shopping at Bahariye. Have a look at google map: "http://goo.gl/maps/f43RN". Ali Suavi street has little merchants arts and crafts market (Altiyol stop for tram) and some artists making Istanbul paintings on order or sell what they have. This is a nice area to visit at Kadikoy.

good luck,

enigma...

Wildwood, Missouri
Level Contributor
484 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Istanbul Asian side

Enigma, your response is too funny!!!! :)

But a tourist does need to know these things too.

10. Re: Istanbul Asian side

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 07, 2014