We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Full board hotels

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Izmir, Turkey
1 post
Save Topic
Full board hotels

Does anyone have any expeirence with hotels which offer full board as an option when booking. Is it a good deal to take advantage of or not?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,719 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Full board hotels

Izmir, Full board hotels are very hard to come by in Istanbul. Those all inclusive hotels are at the resorts and Istanbul is not a resort city. A huge majority of Istanbul hotels are bed and breakfast. In any case you do not want to get stuck with hotel food in Istanbul where there are more than thousand restaurants waiting for you. I googled this and found it for you, "disabledholidaydirectory.co.uk/search/…". My recommendation is to avoid a full board offer for an Istanbul accomodation.

enigma...

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,890 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Full board hotels

Depends on where and which hotel?

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,091 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Full board hotels

Alper, Are there any hotels in Istanbul that offer all-inclusive packages?

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,749 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Full board hotels

I would never choose full board in Istanbul. You would hinge on the meal times and as the city is huge you couldn´t enlarge the radius of your day trips. Beside this, you would miss all those wonderful lokantas and restaurants with typical turkish food, for each taste and budget.

The only reason why I would recommend such a hotel could be, if somebody is very disabled and have to return to the hotel frequently, for some rest

Edited: 12:53 pm, December 10, 2012
Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,890 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Full board hotels

Hi BR,

Some hotels located outside city center offer full board but not all inclusive packages. They usually offer weekend packages for relaxing, away from city crowd. They're located around Silivri, Çatalca, Şile, Ağva etc.

Alper

http://locallypera.blogspot.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Full board hotels

The consensus then is "Don't do Full Board in Istanbul"

7. Re: Full board hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, December 17, 2013