We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

foreign mobile phone register

Nablus, Palestinian...
Level Contributor
154 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
foreign mobile phone register

It's a long time since I was here in this forum, my greeting and thanks to all the old and new members of this forum, it's a very complicated communication regulations here in turkey, I bought a sim card and unfortunately I registered it on my passport 6 months a go but the phone I registered the sim card on was broken so when I bought a new sim card it was locked after 14 days because I am using

g a foreign phone and they told me that I can register only one sim card for my passport for tow years.

I don't know what can I do to register the new sim with my phone.

Best of Istanbul: 1, 2, or 3-Day...
190 Reviews
from $100.00*
Special Offer
Small-Group Istanbul in One Day Tour...
1,238 Reviews
from $72.25*
$85.00
Special Offer
2-Day Cappadocia Tour with Optional...
53 Reviews
from $250.75*
$295.00
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: foreign mobile phone register

Hi Khamsah,

It's good see you at TA forums again.

As to your question, I think the only way to overcome the problem you are having now with your SIM is to buy a new handset(phone) which is officially imported and registered in Turkey.

Hope this helps,

Have a wonderful time in Turkey.

Borus

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
2. Re: foreign mobile phone register

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 24, 2013