We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to travel to Turkey given the conflict with Syria

Miami, Florida
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is it safe to travel to Turkey given the conflict with Syria

I am planning to go to Istanbul and Capadoccia on November 16. I am an American female traveling alone. Others travelers decided not to come..

should I be concerned with my safety.

Any thought on Efendi travel? I am planning to use them as my tour operator. L

Mentioned in this post
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
40,077 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it safe to travel to Turkey given the conflict with Syria

AllFor Travel..., As a solo female traveller you would be safe in Turkey. Thousands of solo female travellers come to Turkey every year and enjoy their trips. Just be yourself and use your street smarts that you would use in Miami, and you will be perfectly OK. Have a look at the following thread. "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k4111…". Also Syrian border is thosands of miles away from Istanbul and it is a civil conflict within that country, that should have no bearing to your visit to Istanbul.

good luck,

enigma...

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,158 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it safe to travel to Turkey given the conflict with Syria

Istanbul is much safer than Miami. If you just follow basic common sense you should have no problems. Keep your purse close to your body (cross-body purse works well). Avoid dark empty streets at night. Don't go anywhere with strangers. Avoid casual conversations with salesmen or people you meet on the street. What western women view as " just being polite" can be interpreted as something more by Turkish men.

You will have a magical time in Istanbul!

Mentioned in this post
3. Re: Is it safe to travel to Turkey given the conflict with Syria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 18, 2013