We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hiking and barbeque in istanbul??

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
hiking and barbeque in istanbul??

i am going to istanbul on the 2nd of november ... and i was wondering since i love hiking ,,,,,is there any forest area in istanbul were we can hike there and have like barbeque lunch or something like that?? and if yes will it be ok with a 3 yrs old baby ?

2nd we will be staying at the grand oztanik hotel in taksim ?? can u give me a review about it ?? and one more silly question plz : since we are going in november which most probably will be cold weather ...are the hotels conditioned to be warm ..like i wont be needing to carry heavy pijamas for my child??

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: hiking and barbeque in istanbul??

ohhhhhhhhh my godddddddddd .. Ataturk Arboretum is amazingggg ... cant wait to go there already thanksss borus ... so thts it i just take the 42 t bus from taksim to Bahçeköy ? will i need another transport to get to belgrade forest ??

and also how can i get to The Tarihi Neset Suyu restaurant from Ataturk Arboretum? ( i know that both of them are at the belgrade forest but are they far from each other or we will just walk and see the restaurant infront of us :D

n.b. i know that when we are in a situation of travelling we just choose the places we want to visit and then ask about specific directions when we get there but iam reallyyy terrified from the language barrier

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,856 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: hiking and barbeque in istanbul??

Basma, Once you arrive at Bahcekoy bus stop, you need to take a taxi for a short ride to Tarihi Neset Suyu restaurant.

I also recommend Cinaralti Mangal restaurant at Bostanci for excellent self barbequing: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k4891…".

good luck,

enigma...

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: hiking and barbeque in istanbul??

wow thanks enigma ...it seems like a nice place too .... done ...added to the list too :D ... it is at the asian side ? how can i go there too ? :))

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,856 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: hiking and barbeque in istanbul??

Basma, This restaurant is at the Asian side at Bostanci. Simply take a dolmush(shared van) from Taksim to Bostanci. They leave at the corner of Taksim square to the left of Cultural Center. Make sure to tell the driver "Sahilden". You will be crossing the Inter Continental Bosphorus Bridge and it will be exciting.

enigma...

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,051 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: hiking and barbeque in istanbul??

İt has been a while ago, but İ did the et mangal in Polonezköy, it is worth the trip and easy to combine with Anadolu Kavağı from over land. But then you would need a car. İs there really no bus connection to Polonezköy? İ think that is a bit weird.

Btw, İ am only during winter in İstanbul and have spend lots of times outside.

A great place to hike is Büyükada island, just walk around the island, in winter it is less busy especially on the weekdays, otherwise you will be passed by the bikes or phaytons all the time. You can get to Büyükada by ferry.

Good luck!

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: hiking and barbeque in istanbul??

thanks enigma .... another thing please .... iwant to add Rahmi M. Koc Museum to my itinerary and iwant to know also how can i go there from taksim ? and its working hours and fees for enterance ......

do u suggest i buy istanbul maps from here (egypt) before i come to turkey or download them online and what is the best guide book and how can i get it?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,856 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: hiking and barbeque in istanbul??

Basma, the best guide books I know are "DK Eyewitness Istanbul Guide", and "Rick Steves Istanbul", both available from Amazon. get the latest editions. You should buy your city maps here from the bbokstores as there are more choices here. Here are some online maps. "http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/Maps/".

You can go to Rahmi Koc Museum by taking the funicular from Taksim to Kabatas, the tram from Kabatas to Eminonu, and the Golden Horn (Haliç) ferry from Eminonu to Haskoy. The museum is next to the pier at Haskoy. These ferries depart from the Golden Horn side of the Galata Bridge at Eminonu (next to Stork jewelery building). Here are the ferry schedules: "sehirhatlari.com.tr/Uploads/…20Timetable.pdf" (page 12).

good luck,

enigma...

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: hiking and barbeque in istanbul??

thanks againnn enigma :) dont know how we could manage our trip without you all reallyy

19. Re: hiking and barbeque in istanbul??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, December 15, 2013