We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Football Fans

Johannesburg, South...
7 posts
Save Topic
Football Fans

Hi

I will be in turkey next year, Galatasaray and Fernbache play in Kadikoy at 5pm, I have a flight back home at 12:30 am the next morning, will i make it to the airport in time? are there trains from Kadikoy to the airport. How do i get tickets for the game.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,899 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Football Fans

Cebrahim, Somehow the timing does not sound right, but if it is at 5.00 PM then, by 7.00 PM the game will be over and you will surely catch your flight (from Ataturk airport?). There are no trains. However from Fenerbahce Stadium you can walk to Kadikoy (15 minutes) and take the IDO seabus to Bakirkoy from Kadikoy either at 19.50 or 20.50. From Bakirkoy you can take a taxi for a very short ride to Ataturk Airport. Either way you will be on time for your flight.

The tickets will be sold at Biletix website, "www.biletix.com/category/SPORT/TURKIYE/en", about two weeks before the game. You have to follow this website very closely because of very high demand on these tickets.

good luck,

enigma...

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Football Fans

Enrahim,

Timing does not sound right to me either. if it is right, then you can make it. If it is a night game I don't think you can make it to your flight on time. You'll need to be at the airport two hours before your flight meaning 10:30pm and it seems impossible.

If you tell us when the game is, we can guide you better.

Borus

Edited: 2:37 pm, October 08, 2012
Johannesburg, South...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Football Fans

Thank you Gentlemen,

according to the website (BBC Football) the game is on Saturday 11 May at 5pm at Fernabache home ground.

Johannesburg, South...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Football Fans

Thank you for the info, Still 6 months away but quite excited. IST looks great

5. Re: Football Fans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, December 15, 2013