We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid price Shopping

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Mid price Shopping

Hi again,

I would like to know what are the malls that are the best for mid price clothes and shoes rather than designer stuff ? (Other than optimum mall) I'm looking for turkish brands more than international with affordable prices.

Also I was wondering if Osmanbey street has retail shops or all of them are wholesale ? and what is the minimum quantity that i can buy from wholesalers ?

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
760 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Mid price Shopping

in fact i tried once , due to threeo main reasons , first of it that some shops do not grant you the tax free vouchers so you buy items and you can not get refund , second your bill must exceed 120 TL each time so you can be able to refund money third and important point that every time i do not refund anything is the queue of tax free in the airport , you wait and wait and you must have your baggage , so considering waiting in a queue with 2 suitcase with 60 kg weight make me drop the idea and i dont care to have any refund , plus the refund is nothing , they say it is 8% but actually it is maybe 3 or 4% which is nothing comparing to stand in a queue

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Mid price Shopping

So what you mean is that the amount of the refund ia worthless. Also 8% isn't worth waiting in the huge queues.

Well, what about the turkish food, what are your advices and where to eat ? I want to try kebab and some ppl told me about shawerma. Any recommendations ?

Edited: 1:53 pm, October 03, 2012
Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
760 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Mid price Shopping

you will find shhawerma every where annd really cheap even it is more cheaper than in egypt , about restaurant you will find plenty of restaurant where are the foods are dispay in front of you and you choose what you like and then you pay , in that way you can see all the food how it looks like plus you will see the varatie and most of these restaurant are with a verry reasonable prices ( the same idea of college canteen you carry saniya and you go in front of foods ), in fact turkish food is very very similar to our egyptian food maybe it is better taste , so you will not find anny difficulty in plate , about kebab for them it is our grilled kofta , nothing special , in egypt it is better , try new plates they worth the trying

44. Re: Mid price Shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:42 am, October 24, 2012
45. Re: Mid price Shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 14, 2013