We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istanbul, Bakirkoy district

East Sussex
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Istanbul, Bakirkoy district

Hello Everybody,

Anyone been there? I was reading this morning about the explosion and just wanted a bit of reassurance since we are flying to Istanbul on the 22nd.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Jan

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Istanbul, Bakirkoy district

Hi Jan: Barkirkoy is a district outside of Central Istanbul, it is nearer to the airport, it is often called the Fashion Centre of Turkey since there is a major mall there, the Carousel and textile production is done there. This is the second time there was an incident in that area one year ago, but I feel it is still safe to go. Thanks for email address, mine is clh324@aol.com and my name is Carol. Trying to get back into gear after taking time off for the holiday. Lots of children and grandchildren here, the youngest is 5 months, and I cooked and cooked. But today I have to work. Albums coming out and promotion continues and I have to research another spot for my series "Carol in Turkey". Sinan, a frequesnt poster told me about it. I am sure you will be ok on your trip, after all the world is not such a great place these days, no matter where you go. LemonLady