We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

turkish airlines

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
turkish airlines

am thinking of using Turkish airlines for a flight between johannesburg and amsterdam. Anyone any experience with this flight (safety wise and service?)

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: turkish airlines

Turkish Airlines is among the very few four star airlines in the world, it's ranked as the 7th best airlines in the world and received the "Best Airline in Europe Award" in the last two years. This should give you an idea about their quality.

Borus

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,856 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: turkish airlines

abloomlodge, Here's a good recent thread on Turkish Airlines. "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k5586…". I would not hesitate to use Turkish Airlines for your flight. Last year I flew non stop to USA and back with Turkish Airlines and the flights were excellent in each and every way.

enigma...

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,936 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: turkish airlines

Hi,

I'd prefer a direct flight if available. It's a long way.

Alper

http://locallypera.blogspot.com

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
167 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: turkish airlines

yes alper, it has

Barquisimeto...
Level Contributor
88 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: turkish airlines

Hi there,

My son bought a ticket for me from Istambul to Nevsehir. He lives in Australia and I live in Venezuela. The site of Turkish doesn't download here in Venezuela. The rules of the airline say that the passenger has to show the credit card used for buying the ticket...Now I don't know what to do...does anyone know the email contact of the airline???

Thanks....

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: turkish airlines

Noelia,

Just print-out the e-ticket your son's bought for you. During the check-in you'll only need your ID (passport for foreigners). I don't remember a single example they asked my credit card.

Happy travels,

Borus

Barquisimeto...
Level Contributor
88 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: turkish airlines

Thanks again Borus, this helps me a lot.....

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: turkish airlines

You can trust Turkish without any worries. Planes are safe and quite new. As a matter of fact they have one of the youngest fleet in Europe.

Service is good and food excellent. Usually operates on schedule. In short, you could fly them without any hesitations!

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: turkish airlines

You can trust Turkish without any worries. Planes are safe and quite new. As a matter of fact they have one of the youngest fleet in Europe.

Service is good and food excellent. Usually operates on schedule. In short, you could fly them without any hesitations!

Edited: 4:42 pm, October 12, 2012
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
16,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: turkish airlines

Just flew Turkish from LAX to IST and 4 domestic flights within Turkey, all with Turkish airlines. Cannot find any fault with the flight experiences whatsoever. Decent newer planes, great on-board service, all flights on time (in fact 3 of the 6 were early.)

However, I did have occasion to try to contact them by email before the flights for questions not answered by either the website or the reservation agents, and had no luck. That's my only complaint, and I'd certainly fly them again.