We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking tours with Backpackers travel

dubai
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Booking tours with Backpackers travel

Hi,

I will be going to Istanbul for 5 days and would like to book some tours. Can anyone tell me if Backpackers travel is good and reliable for the tours?

Thank you.

jake

Mentioned in this post
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
40,077 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking tours with Backpackers travel

Jacob, welcome to Istanbul.

At the following thread you will find lots of praises and criticisms of Backpackers travel. "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k3098…". Of course the decision will be yours.

enigma...

Mentioned in this post
Pune, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking tours with Backpackers travel

We were in Turkey for 12 days in early November 2012 and booked our entire itenerary through Backpackers. Their airport transfers, coordination with various hotels in Turkey where we were to stay , pick ups/ drops to/ from bus stations were seamless and generally well organised. They are good value for money. Only one occasion though, the co-ordination kind of slipped. We reached Kusadasi by an earlier bus ( the tour company in Pamukkale booked us on an early morning bus rather than the planned afternoon one) but the tour agency in Kusadasi wasnt aware of this, nor had any info come from Backpackers. In the event I had to call the agent in Kusadasi to have us picked up. This was prompt though. Athough the Backpackers agent was friendly and helpful when we met him, I wish they were a bit more proactive in getting in touch with us through email/phone/local agents to ask us how was the tour going or did we want anything more. They are efficient, no doubt but they could be a bit more warmer on personal relations.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Kusadasi
Kusadasi
Aydin Province, Turkey
Pamukkale
Pamukkale
Denizli Province, Turkey
3. Re: Booking tours with Backpackers travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, December 17, 2013