We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edirne Bus station

Sydney
Level Contributor
661 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Edirne Bus station

I plan to get the bus from Istanbul to Edirne- where is the Edirne bus station? I read "The otogar is 9km east of the city centre on the access road to the TEM"

If I get another bus to Canakkale the next day- will it go from the same bus station?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Edirne Bus station

Hi Kath, yes to both questions.

I did the exact same thing as yourself in January this year.

We arrives Istanbul airport at 1230 and made our way to the bus terminal.

Caught the 1730 bus to Edirne, cost 30 lira and arrived Edirne bus terminal 2000. Usually buses have a service in to town in Edirne but on our occasion it was 1/2 hr away and due to the cold we caught a taxi in to Sarayici where our hotel was located for 17 lira.

When we arrived Edirne otogar we queried on what time the Canakkale buses leave and were advised they leave from 0800 to 1000 in the morning.

We went back to Edirne otogar after 2 days at 0930 purchased tickets for the 1000 bus to Canakkale. Tickets cost 30 lira and we arrived Canakkale a little after 1300.

The Edirne to Canakkale trip was picteresque and enjoyed it as it was done in daylight.

After you have crossed the ferry from Eceabat to Canakkale diesmbark the bus at the pier then walk to your hotel. Can recommend Anzac hotel whom also arrange daily battlefield tours.

Good luck and have fun.

You're going to love and feel in awe of Gallipoli and all the bloodshed that took place there.

Sydney
Level Contributor
661 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Edirne Bus station

thanks for that advice. your post on Edirne convinced me to go via there.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Edirne Bus station

Trust me you will love it. Make the most of the grand bazaar below Selimiye Mosque www.selimiyemosque.net/selimiye_arasta.htm and the bazaar besides the Eski camii

There is a great leather clothing store on the outside of the Selimiye mosque bazaar. Its called Ejder deri (Dragon leather). If you're interested in any leather clothing have a look as their prices are very affordable compared to Istanbuls bazaars.

The folk of Edirne are friendly well and truly away from the hustle and bustle of Istanbul. Edirne is famous for its fruit shaped soaps (found in the bazaar), cheese sweet (peynir tatlisi) found in the street behind Eski Camii going downhill, Arnavut cigeri (Albanian liver dish) & Badem ezmesi (crushed almonds).

Walk down the pedestrian road of Saraclar caddesi which is full of restaurants and shops cross over the 2 Ottoman era bridges by foot and eat at Lalezar restaurant.

Here is the route on a map http://g.co/maps/tjmch

Im happy to answer any questions on the region and the rest of Turkey you may have.

Edited: 11:57 pm, March 26, 2012
Sydney
Level Contributor
661 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Edirne Bus station

Did you go to Assos? we plan to rent a car In Canakkale (otherchelebi suggested Miller Rent a Car) drive to Assos for 2 nights then drive to Bergama- then to Izmir to drop off the car. Unless the one way rental fee is too expensive and I have to rethink the journey.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Edirne Bus station

I didnt go to Assos but nearly went to Edremit to visit some of my wifes relatives but we didnt.

If rental is too expensive there are plenty of buses plying the route. Turkish bus system is nothing like you have ever seen and 10 X better than the system in place in Oz.

If a one way rental is allowed do it otherwise you can still do the Canakkale

Troy, Assos, Bergama and Izmir route albeit via bus

canakkalehotel.com/canakkale_hotel_troy.htm

canakkalehotel.com/canakkale_hotel_assos.htm

Newcastle
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Edirne Bus station

I know this post was some time ago but can you remember the bus company as the MetroBus only seems to leave at 10pm

Sydney
Level Contributor
661 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Edirne Bus station

in the end we didn't go to Edirne- but i did see buses going everywhere all over Turkey. Sometimes it's difficult to arrange precise connections as they can run a bit late.

Orestiada, Greece
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Edirne Bus station

Hello !! I would like to ask about the buses from Edirne to Istanbul!Do you know any site to check the hours and the time schedule?

Thanks in advanced..

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,141 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Edirne Bus station

Sofia C, welcome to Turkey.

Here are the schedules of buses of Metro Turizm from Edirne to Istanbul: "https:/…".

enigma...

Waterford...
13 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Edirne Bus station

Hey guys,any body knows if all the buses from all companies living from Istanbul to edirne their final stop is in the.same place?

Thanks...from detroit Michigan ...