We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thank you Istanbul Forum!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Thank you Istanbul Forum!

The decision to return to Turkey was my own consolation prize after I found myself on a tiled floor surrounded by a zillion pieces of my precious ceramic bowl, carried lovingly home from a previous trip. I have returned from ten wonderful days in Istanbul in early December and want to say thank you to everyone who has contributed to this forum. This past year checking in almost daily, your advice, trip reports and humour have been a constant source of delight. What a ride - I have loved it all!

Gloucestershire...
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Thank you Istanbul Forum!

Glad to hear that you have enjoyed the forum - but far more that you enjoyed your return trip to Istanbul.

Did you bring back a replacement for your ceramic bowl - or just some wonderful memories?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
42,242 posts
67 reviews
2. Re: Thank you Istanbul Forum!

Anne, I sure am glad that you had a wonderful trip to Turkey, once again. I am also glad that the forum has been of great help to you. Hopefully you will come back again and visit other places in Turkey.

enigma...

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
3. Re: Thank you Istanbul Forum!

GTTD, I did buy two bowls, however, there are one or two very expensive pieces to collect from the Arasta Bazaar next time!

Enigma, I was certain I saw you in the crowd near the ferry terminal at Eminonu one day. I visited delightful Kadikoy twice in ten day eating at Ciya Sofrasi both times.

I have many wonderful memories and enjoyed getting out of the main tourist area this time around. The Black Sea and Eastern Turkey is next on the agenda.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
42,242 posts
67 reviews
4. Re: Thank you Istanbul Forum!

Anne, I wish you said hello to me. What a coincidence among 13 million people. Ciya Sofrasi is my favorite restaurant in Istanbul and I am glad it has become yours too.

enigma...

5. Re: Thank you Istanbul Forum!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, June 06, 2013