We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkey Visa on Arrival for Indian Passport Holders at IST

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
VCG
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
106 posts
213 reviews
Save Topic
Turkey Visa on Arrival for Indian Passport Holders at IST

I just arrived today morning into Istanbul airport from Mumbai and got the visa on arrival done. Here is the run down.

1. It is very easy to get it. You have be a bit patient. It takes about 30 to 45 minutes to get it so dont plan a quick connection.

2. The visa is NOT available from the normal visa counter.

3. You have to go to a special police desk which is at both the of the large and the small immigration area.

4. The police will check you passport and then give a paper which mentions the fees etc on it.

5. You take this paper and your passport to the main visa counter where they issue all other visas. There you pay the money; 15 euros or 20$. And they will give you a receipt.

6. Take the passport and the receipt back to the police desk as mentioned above. The police will them complete the immigration at one of the counters next to the desk and then you can enter.

7. Ensure you tell them exact number of days you want to stay as they are issuing visas based on that. One guy in front of me was not sure about 6 or 8 days, they gave him a 6 day single entry visa.

8. There is no requirement to show them any invitation, hotel reservations. But better to have them handy.

9. The funny part is its cheaper to get visa on arrival than from the consulate. Costs Rs. 2700 to get visa from the local consulate.

Overall there is no problem in doing this when you arrive.

946 replies to this topic
London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
491. Re: Turkey Visa on Arrival for Indian Passport Holders at IST

Thanks Enigma. Thats helpful

London, West...
1 post
Save Reply
492. Re: Turkey Visa on Arrival for Indian Passport Holders at IST

Iam a indian citizen having uk visa.presentlyl am at uk.is it possible to visit turky.

I

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,222 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
493. Re: Turkey Visa on Arrival for Indian Passport Holders at IST

Hymaprabhakara, Yes you can get an evisa for Turkey if your UK visa is multiple entry and if it is valid at the time you enter Turkey.

Enigma...

New Delhi, India
1 post
Save Reply
494. Re: Turkey Visa on Arrival for Indian Passport Holders at IST

I have a 15 days multiple entry, schengan visa (25 November -10 December 2013) after going around Europe for 13 days, I will be in turkey on 8 December. I want to know

-Can I stay in turkey for a week? My schengan visa is valid at the time of my entry but expires in 2 days.

-in case I am not allowed to stay beyond my schengan visa dates then what would be the overstay fine for 5-7 days. Coz if I am in turkey I am not leaving without breathing in the beautiful country.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,222 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
495. Re: Turkey Visa on Arrival for Indian Passport Holders at IST

Zeba, You can enter Turkey and stay a week, as long as your Schengen visa (multiple entry) is valid at the time of entry . I do not think there will be any fines for you for an overstay on Schengen visa. The fines apply for an overstay of the Turkish visas. You can get a visa-on-arrival or an evisa.

Good luck,

enigma...

Ed, Sweden
2 posts
Save Reply
496. Re: Turkey Visa on Arrival for Indian Passport Holders at IST

hi Sir, can you help me i want to go this address is it in istanbul or in canada i cant understand and how i reach there address is :- Edmonton ,AB canda & ulus caddesi Etlier istanbul - turkey

Plese help me

Ed, Sweden
2 posts
Save Reply
497. Re: Turkey Visa on Arrival for Indian Passport Holders at IST

hi Sir can you help me i want to go this address is it in istanbul or in canada i cant understand and how i reach there address is :- Edmonton ,AB canda & ulus caddesi Etlier istanbul - turkey

Plese help me

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,222 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
498. Re: Turkey Visa on Arrival for Indian Passport Holders at IST

JAIPURHANDSOME, You have two addresses there. Edmonton is the capital of the Province of Alberta in Canada. But "Ulus Caddesi-Etiler" is a street at Etiler neighborhood of Istanbul, Turkey.

enigma...

Hyderabad, India
1 post
Save Reply
499. Re: Turkey Visa on Arrival for Indian Passport Holders at IST

I have got an opportunity to work in canada.do need to get visa in their consulate or do i need get from india.i am from india.

Istanbul
Level Contributor
615 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
500. Re: Turkey Visa on Arrival for Indian Passport Holders at IST

What does Turkey have to do with your situation. Canadian visas, if granted, are obtained from Canadian Consulates and Embassies worldwide, even in India.

Best of luck to you!

Reply to: Turkey Visa on Arrival for Indian Passport Holders at IST
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted