We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short stay in Istanbul

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
Short stay in Istanbul

My group of 3 adults and 3 children (10, 13, and 15) will be in Istanbul from Tuesday evening, July 11 to Friday morning, July 14th. Any advice, be it small or big, will be appreciated such as budget hotels (only for sleeping - as we will be out all the time), sights, etc... will be appreciated. How do a group of 6 travel together, considering the fact most vehicles are not designed for group travel. Thanks....

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,544 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short stay in Istanbul

In the Sultanahmet area, all the attractions are within walking distance of each other: the Haghia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar and Basilica Cistern, even Topkapi Palace - which was my least favourite attraction. So you wouldn't have to worry about transportation there.

I like staying in the Taksim Square area, which is slightly further than walking distance away. But it's only about $8 each way. So you could split into 2 taxis for not too much cost. I like staying there because the choice of restaurants is better, and it doesn't become deserted after dark.

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short stay in Istanbul

Hi California Group: Sultanahmet district is the place to stay (I recommend boutique class, Hotel Daphne) within walking distance of all major attractions, good shops, restaurants. One block from Tram on Diwan Yolu which will take you to other parts of the city. Since you only have a short time in Istanbul it might be worthwile to get a van, driver and guide to take you about. I suggest you contact Insight Travel in Istanbul. info@tour-turkey.com and see whether they can accomodate you. Have a nice trip. LemonLady

NewYork/USA and...
Level Contributor
486 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Short stay in Istanbul

write to ILGAZ

He has travel agency in Istanbul he can arrange tour and Hotel too.

his e-mail is

ilgazt@hotmail.com

Sinan Akdeniz

4. Re: Short stay in Istanbul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:27 pm, March 05, 2006