We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days in istanbul (What to do , Where to go ?)

Cairo
Level Contributor
93 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
10 days in istanbul (What to do , Where to go ?)

Hello my friends,

I will be in istanbul for 10 days , first 4 days will be completely free, the rest 6 days will be busy in the morning for work,

I would like to know what is the best setup and plan for my stay,

What can i do in the first 4 days ?

What can i do later in the rest of the 6 days ?

Also i will have my wife and son with me , they would also like spend those 6 days in something nice ,

Im so confused of how to plan. My stay , ,

Will so much appreciate it if you can help me ,

Thansk

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,936 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days in istanbul (What to do , Where to go ?)

Hi W0OkieE,

This post fell to second page so I'll try to give you a response.

What you can do in the first 4 days that you have free, is to see the historical attractions, museums, do Bosphorus Cruise, visit the Asian side: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k1844…", etc. Then the next six days your wife and kids can continue their visits, do lots of shopping at the bazaars and malls of Istanbul and you can have great dinners together at different restaurants at Sultanahmet, Beyoglu, Nisantasi, Kadikoy, etc. Here is a useful link for you: "http://istanbul.mydestinationinfo.com/en/".

good luck,

enigma...

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,153 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 days in istanbul (What to do , Where to go ?)

While I am not sure of the age of your son, I can offer a few suggestions of things your wife and son might enjoy doing in the city while you at work.

If you are not able to see the Koc Museum during your first four days, that would certainly be something I think your wife and son would enjoy doing, regardless of the age of your child. This museum has something for everyone, and we spend an entire day there when we go.

There is also a lovely aquarium at the Forum Mall, as well as an Ice Museum inside this mall. Both of these are interesting for children, and the Forum Mall is a great place to do some shopping.

We enjoy spending a morning or afternoon at Minaturk. It is interesting to see the sights of Turkey in miniature form, and our photos of these miniatures look remarkably like the real things.

Many neighborhoods in Istanbul have a market day once a week, and it is fun to visit these markets. There is a Tuesday market in Kadikoy along with a slightly smaller market on Friday. There is a market in Fatih on Wednesday.

There are, of course, many modern malls, and I enjoy walking in various parks such as Gulhane Park near Sultanahmet. I also like to walk around the grounds of Dolmabahce Palace, particularly if you visit during a season when the flowers are blooming.

3. Re: 10 days in istanbul (What to do , Where to go ?)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, October 21, 2012