We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa at cruise terminal if staying a few days?

Gold Canyon, Arizona
Level Contributor
196 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Visa at cruise terminal if staying a few days?

I checked earlier posts but somehow missed the information on this subject. I will be arriving with my group in September by cruise ship (happy to say this is my 5th year in a row visiting Turkey). We will be staying in Istanbul for two days, then flying to Cappadocia for three. After one more day in Istanbul, we will be flying home. Question: do we need a Turkish Visa, and if so, can it be purchased somewhere near the cruise terminal? Looking forward to our return! Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Best of Istanbul: 1, 2, or 3-Day...
190 Reviews
from $100.00*
Special Offer
Small-Group Istanbul in One Day Tour...
1,238 Reviews
from $72.25*
$85.00
Special Offer
2-Day Cappadocia Tour with Optional...
53 Reviews
from $250.75*
$295.00
Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa at cruise terminal if staying a few days?

Yes, you will definitely need a visa as you are not just sleeping on a cruise ship.

You'll be able to buy a 90-day multiple entry visa when you disembark from the boat.

The cost for U.S. citizens is USD 20.

www.mfa.gov.tr/sub.en.mfa…

Gold Canyon, Arizona
Level Contributor
196 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa at cruise terminal if staying a few days?

Dudisimo: Many thanks for your quick response! We look forward to returning to your beautiful city!!!

3. Re: Visa at cruise terminal if staying a few days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, October 23, 2012