We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit Visa Turkey

New Delhi, India
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transit Visa Turkey

I have an Indian passport. I am goign to North Cyprus for 10 days. I have got a Single transit Visa.. ( my tranist at IST airport is 9 houyrs, I will NOT leave the airport.

The single transit will help in my onward journey to North Cyprus.

Howver on my way back with again 9 hours at IST airport to take the connecting flight back to India, will I need a transit Visa again? I will NOT leave the airport.. will remain in transit at the airport..

SK

539 replies to this topic
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,519 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
271. Re: Transit Visa Turkey

Marcusstephen, Yes, you can get a visa-on-arrival or an evisa, "https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/", provided that you already hold a valid Schengen visa or a valid visa or residence from an OECD member country (see list of countries). If you do not meet this requirement, then you need to apply for a Turkish visa at the Turkish embassy at Accra, Ghana. To go to the city you need a visa and you can get it in the above ways.

good luck,

enigma...

Edited: 11:10 am, October 07, 2013
magusa
1 post
Save Reply
272. Re: Transit Visa Turkey

While coming to north Cyprus i had two multiple transit entries for Turkey, that got expired. now i am going back to Pakistan, can i get transit on arrival on istanbul airport?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,519 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
273. Re: Transit Visa Turkey

khan, You do not need a visa just to transit at the airport. If you arrive at the transit lounge at one gate and depart from another, then you sure do not need any visa. However if you want to go to the city for a while and visit Istanbul, then you would need a visa and you should get it from the Turkish embassy at Nicosia.

enigma...

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
274. Re: Transit Visa Turkey

Hello! I have an Uzbek passport and I'm travelling from New York to Tashkent via Istanbul. The time between my flights is 13 hours 20 min, although I'm going to stay in the international terminal, I wonder if there are any restrictions for the time you can spend in the transit area (as it is with European countries). I'm not leaving the airport. Do I need a transit visa? According to the previous comments I don't, but just want to make sure I won't be stuck in the airport for the New Years :)

Thank you very much.

Edited: 4:41 pm, October 18, 2013
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,519 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
275. Re: Transit Visa Turkey

Gulnaz, As an Uzbek citizen, you are exempt from Turkish visa. So instead of wasting 13 hours at the transit lounge (you do not need a visa to stay there), I would definitely visit the city and if yours is a night layover, definitely get a nice hotel to sleep. Otherwise for a daytime layover I would prefer to see the city, spend time at Sultanahmet and Istiklal street/Beyoglu areas. If you decide to stay at the transit lounge, you can also use the airport airside hotel on an hourly basis or one of the airline lounges for a fee.

good luck,

enigma...

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
276. Re: Transit Visa Turkey

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I'll definitely tour the city :)

Boston...
1 post
Save Reply
277. Re: Transit Visa Turkey

Hi

I have Indian passport and travelling from Boston to New Delhi with a 6 hours layover at Istanbul, and I have no plans to go out of airport.

Do i need visa for this.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,519 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
278. Re: Transit Visa Turkey

Mkarnatak, No you do not need a visa. Upon arrival, simply go to the transit lounge, enjoy the wonderful duty free shopping center, the cafes and if you wish the pay-as-you-go airline lounges and wait for your next departure. Just make sure all your luggage is tagged to New Delhi at Boston and that you have the boarding passes for all flights.

bon voyage,

enigma...

3 posts
Save Reply
279. Re: Transit Visa Turkey

Hi,

I´m Cuban flying to Estambul, I have to wait for another flight (9 hours), take my luggage and check in for my next plane. Can I do all that without a visa?

Many thanks

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,519 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
280. Re: Transit Visa Turkey

Yeiny, You need a visa if you have to pick up your luggage at the airport in Istanbul and re check them with another international flight. You can not get an evisa. You need to get your visa at the Turkish embassy at Havana: "http://www.turkish-embassy.net/havana.html".

enigma...

Reply to: Transit Visa Turkey
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted