We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do at night ? near Taksim..

EGYPT
10 posts
What to do at night ? near Taksim..

What are the best bars , pubs near marmara taksim .. group of 25yrs aged guys .. ? prices ? dollars or turkish lira to use ?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
42,566 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: What to do at night ? near Taksim..

hi jawJaw,

There are many bars, restaurants and pubs at Istiklal street and the surrounding streets. Here are some bars and restaurants: "http://www.gecce.com/mekanlar/". I suggest you visit the meyhanes at Nevizade street, Cicek Pasaji (Flower passage) and Asmalimescit. Here is more info: "…mydestinationinfo.com/en/istanbul-nightlife".

good luck,

enigma...

Mount Dora, Florida
Level Contributor
14,158 posts
242 reviews
2. Re: What to do at night ? near Taksim..

I have never been in a group of 25 year old men so my information is really second hand, but it is something I often hear in my hotel. When young people leave for an entertaining evening on Isitklal St. they are cautioned that some places may not admit a group of men. There does not seem to be a problem with a group of women, but a group of single men occasionally have difficulty getting into a club.

The price for a glass of Efes (local beer) can run from 5TL upwards depending on how sophisticated the club is where you are. It is best to use TL when purchasing things in Turkey.

While we rarely have a report of any type of criminal activity, the owner of my hotel cautions people to keep an eye on their wallets and generally practice safe city habits. Most importantly men should avoid accepting an invitation from Turkish men to visit a Turkish nightspot they recommend.

This scam generally targets single tourists but always bears repeating. Occasionally a friendly Turkish man will befriend a male tourist. Eventually the Turkish person suggests having a drink at a spot selected by the Turkish person. The tourist accepts the invitation. When they arrive at the club generally a young woman appears and drinks are served. When the tourist prepares to leave he receives a staggering bar bill often upwards of 800TL. Because the tourist is now alone and intimidated, he often just pays the money. If he does not have that much money, someone in the club takes him to the nearest ATM.

So.....if one of your group is tempted to go someplace with a newly made Turkish friend you should keep this scam in mind. My advice is to not go with strangers to a location they suggest.

Istiklal Street is great fun for people your age. Just last night a group of young men from our hotel spent a very pleasant evening enjoying the music and entertainment. It is certainly something you should not miss, and there are a great many places from which to choose.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,038 posts
93 reviews
3. Re: What to do at night ? near Taksim..

Turkish lira, not dollars. (Easy to use ATM machines are everywhere.)

Edited: 12:24 pm, November 14, 2010
Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
4,261 posts
1 review
4. Re: What to do at night ? near Taksim..

From locals point of view;

http://locallypera.blogspot.com

Alper

5. Re: What to do at night ? near Taksim..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, May 15, 2011