We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Visa at Ataturk or Kayseri?

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Getting Visa at Ataturk or Kayseri?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:06 am, December 06, 2010
bradford
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting Visa at Ataturk or Kayseri?

Arsyad

I did a similar thing recently except my gateway was Sabhia Gokcen Airport. If you have to change flights to a domestic one you will have to do the visa and passport bit at Ataturk. With being 10 minutes or so late into Istanbul I only had i hour 15 minutes to do it all but managed it OK. I was given an online boarding pass for the 2nd flight when I checked in at the UK airport and my baggage was checked through to Kayseri. Just check with Turkish Airlines that the same will happen for you.

Have a great time in Cappadocia.

John

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,726 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting Visa at Ataturk or Kayseri?

Hi ArsyadSiregar,

135 minutes connection time is much more than adequate for connecting to a domestic flight at Ataturk Airport. Just yesterday I suggested for another member that 80 minutes connection time would be OK. You will check all your luggage thru Kayseri from your point of origin since you are only using Turkish Airlines. You can get your visa and go through immigration at Ataturk Airport and then simply walk to the domestic terminal using a walkway inside the terminal. As you come out of customs, the walkway is on your left. It will take 35 minutes to clear the formalities and an another 10 minutes to walk to the Domestic terminal. At Kayseri, you will go thru the customs because you will pick your luggage there. Ask the THY personnel if you can get your visa at Kayseri and go thru immigration there.The rules constantly change at these airports.

good luck,

enigma...

Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting Visa at Ataturk or Kayseri?

I have transited through Atatürk many times and the system is just as bradjohn says.

Make sure that THY check your baggage all the way through and give you boarding cards for both legs.

Even if they do not, you still have plenty of time to clear Immigration and Customs and check in at the Domestic Terminal.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,497 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting Visa at Ataturk or Kayseri?

I notice you are listed as Luanda.Are you travelling on an Angolan passport?If so then please be aware that you need to obtain your visa in advance and are unable to obtain it on arrival in Turkey.Please see the link below to the visa list.

mfa.gov.tr/visa-information-for-foreigners.e…

bradford
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting Visa at Ataturk or Kayseri?

Just a further thought.

I had a much later flight to Kayseri than you and was just channeled through to the domestic terminal with everyone else. Having waited until all the hold baggage had come through with no sign of mine one of the ground services staff approached me to tell me that it had gone through to the International Terminal. She took me along to there (only a very short walk) and there it was in splendid isolation. At that time the place was deserted other than 1 security person so probably worth asking if the same has happened to yours and possibly save a bit of a wait.

John

6. Re: Getting Visa at Ataturk or Kayseri?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:06 am, December 06, 2010
7. Re: Getting Visa at Ataturk or Kayseri?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 02, 2011