We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

...and Cappadocia and southeast and northeast Turkey, too.

Los Angeles...
1 post
...and Cappadocia and southeast and northeast Turkey, too.

I travelled with Aylin in 2006 to Cappadocia and south east Turkey, and had a wonderful trip. Also, went through her company, Custom Travel Services, this past June to the Black Sea region of Turkey. Both tours were custom designed for our small groups of about 10. Aylin, as a tour guide, has a great store of knowledge especially in regard to Cappadocia, and was very informative, as well as flexible and friendly. The tour guide to NE Turkey was also quite knowledgeable. Both guides were willing to adjust the activities as suited our whims--that's a real plus!. The drivers on both trips were exceptional drivers and very professional. And, I had no complaints with any of the hotels. I thought it was great that a visit to the home village of one of our friends was included in the 2006 trip. I really liked seeing this and other "off-the-beaten-path" sections of Turkey. Of course, Cappadocia is beautiful with it's wild landscape, but also the visit to Sanli Urfa was a highlight.

My favorite part of the NE Turkey trip was the visit to the Alpine region in and around Ayder. This area is comparable to the European Alps as far as geography is concerned. Apparently, outdoor activities such as white water rafting were available during the time we were there, and they had the typical Turkish bath right down from our chalet-like hotel. I just enjoyed taking in the cool, fresh air out on the hotel balcony, surrounded by the waterfalls and forest. I could go on describing all the activities, but suffice to say, I'm glad we were safely in the hands of Custom Travel while visiting these out-of-the-way spots. Peggy S.

Edited: 12:52 am, September 29, 2010
1. Re: ...and Cappadocia and southeast and northeast Turkey, too.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 29, 2011