We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vaccination

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
vaccination

What are the vaccinations for tourists ?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vaccination

None are mandatory but it is just common sense these days to make sure things like Tetanus,TB and Hep A are up to date whether you are travelling or not - you can get tetanus cutting your self in your own garden!

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vaccination

Vaccinations are the things that doctors do when they stick a needle in your arm and inject you with stuff ! ;)

istanbul
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: vaccination

Kayakoyoldboy, your definition may not be valid for tourists.

I leave istanbul to go traveling quite frequently and nobody sticks needles in my arm or injects anything.

however, GTTD and Mr. GTTD said they had had rabies shots before they came to meet us and also Sari last week. I wonder why....

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vaccination

Havhavhavhav!!Wooooof! Snaaaaarllll.....no idea.....

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vaccination

I don't see the point in vaccinations.....................

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vaccination

if you want to be reassured,check with your national health dept. I have been to Istanbul twice and never required any vaccinations. in 1963,we weren't required to either. we just had to keep up with regular childhood vaccinations,polio vaccine mostly.

Chicago
Level Contributor
5,371 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: vaccination

1963?? It's almost 2011, for pete's sake. Please.

No vaccinatons needed for travel to Turkey.

8. Re: vaccination

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, March 25, 2011