We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any recommended eateries near the Hotel Alaturk?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Any recommended eateries near the Hotel Alaturk?

Would be delighted to receive some advice on reasonably priced

eateries, snacks or restaurants, near our hotel.

We are quite adventurous re food and look forward to tasting the Turkish cuisine.

I see that alcohol prices are steep in restaurants. Can you get a beer in the local cafes or such like?

Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any recommended eateries near the Hotel Alaturk?

Kathisma Albura, which is just along Akbiyik Cadessi on the other side of the street from Alaturka is quite good. There are many restaurants along that street and plenty more nearby.

Have a look at this thread:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k37…

Just opposite the hotel is a cheap restaurant called 'Kosk', I think (facing the Empress Zoe) and the food there is fine and the staff very friendly.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,159 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any recommended eateries near the Hotel Alaturk?

Hi blueazzuri,

All the better restaurants of Sultanahmet are within 5-10 minute wlking distance of your hotel. Kathisma, Dubb Ethnic, Mozaik, Buhara, Amedros, Enjoyer, Rumeli Cafe, Tarihi Sultanahmet Koftecisi, etc. are all within walking distance. Also have a look at the main restaurant link: "tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g293974-Istanbul…".

good luck,

enigma...

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any recommended eateries near the Hotel Alaturk?

Thanks again folks, only a fortnight to wait!

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any recommended eateries near the Hotel Alaturk?

The hotel is on a street of restaurants so you are spoiled for choice!

I agree with Dudisimo that the Kathisma Albura is a good choice - we have eaten here many times and it is always good. Try and eat either outside or in the main building though..... last time we were there they had a kind of marquee outside that that wasn't very atmospheric!

I also like the Turquoise on the same street - and the Mosaik (a bit further on the other side of Divan Yolu).

London, England
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any recommended eateries near the Hotel Alaturk?

Just back from 4 nights at the Hotel Alaturka and as previous posters have stated, there is an large range of bars and restaurants on Akbiyik Cad. and you will definitely not struggle to find some (reasonably) priced food.

To be honest though, apart from Cheers, Just Bar and Backpackers (all within 50 yards of the hotel), I would struggle to remember the names - it was that sort of trip..!!

Expect to pay 7TL for a large Efes in just about all of these locations (that includes the roof top bar at the Alaturka).

6. Re: Any recommended eateries near the Hotel Alaturk?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, March 06, 2011