We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long is the drive to Sabiha Gokcen from Sultanahmet?

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
881 posts
969 reviews
Save Topic
How long is the drive to Sabiha Gokcen from Sultanahmet?

I've got an evening domestic flight departing 19:45 from Sabiha Gokcen (much cheaper than from IST). I've heard some horror stories about getting "over the bridge" in rush hour.

On a weekday, what is my realistic travel time with a private car and driver? What time do I need to leave Sultanahmet? I don't want to waste a lot of time at the airport, but I also don't want to miss my flight. We will just have carry-on bags and are flying Pegasus.

Thanks for the help.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long is the drive to Sabiha Gokcen from Sultanahmet?

Earlier this summer I left Sultanahmet at 18.00 and finally touched asian soil at 19.40!So yes,at peak times(all the times LOL) the traffic is bad crossing the bridges.

Your flight is domestic so you need to be there for 18.45.I would recommend leaving Sultanahmet around 15.30 at the latest.If you arrive a bit earlier,no sweat,better than late :)

If you are using a private transfer company they will know how early you should leave.

london,uk
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How long is the drive to Sabiha Gokcen from Sultanahmet?

ferry and bus ??

3. Re: How long is the drive to Sabiha Gokcen from Sultanahmet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, June 14, 2010