We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to and from sabiha gokcen airport

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
125 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
getting to and from sabiha gokcen airport

Hello

I am about to book a holiday beginning in Istanbul.

I can't t seem to find straightforward information about getting from SG airport to our hotel , (am booking the Hotellino in Sirceki) so

would be very grateful for any info/experiences of doing this.

Is it possible to do this by public transport, with luggage. and how much will it cost?

Many thanks

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to and from sabiha gokcen airport

www.sgairport.com

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,554 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting to and from sabiha gokcen airport

The link given to you by Enca shows you the Havaş times(they meet all incoming flights,even early mroning ones) which will drop you in Taksim.This is a good cheap transfer.Once there you may do as well to get a taxi to Sirkeçi as the buses maybe very busy(depending on what time you'll arive) and this could be a problem if you have a lot of luggage.

london
Level Contributor
125 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting to and from sabiha gokcen airport

Thank you, both.

That's helpful, and it looks do-able.

We also have an internal flight from Istanbul to Dalaman to book.

We can go from either of the Istanbul airports this time.

The fare is slightly higher from Ataturk - but is the transfer from Sirceki much easier, it seems to be from comments I've read here?

Thanks again

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,554 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: getting to and from sabiha gokcen airport

Yes Sirkeci is so much closer to Ataturk.Take into account the cost of getting to SGA plus the time needed,if the price difference is not too great then it'll be worth paying a bit more just for the convenience of it.Again,you can take the Havaş bus from Taksim out to the airport.A taxi seems to be around 35 lira these days.

london
Level Contributor
125 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: getting to and from sabiha gokcen airport

Thanks for the speedy reply.

The difference in fare is only £10 each, with Turkish Ailines, so I 'll go ahead and book it.

We are then spending a week in Patara - first time in Turkey, so really looking forward to it!

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,554 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: getting to and from sabiha gokcen airport

Patara?God you lucky s*d,wish I hadn't helped you now LOL!

This is a perfect place to have your first taste of Turkey but it will set such a high standard for you that anywhere else will be judged by it.

If you need any info about the place contact Patara1,who was until very recently the DE for there and still is on the German TA forum.She will be able to give you lots of help and useful info.Have a wonderful time :)

PS As this is your first time in Turkey don't forget that you will need a ten pound note in each passport to pay for your entry visa on arrival at S.G.A.You go and queue for this before you go to passport control,where your visa stamp will be franked and then off you go for your luggage.

london
Level Contributor
125 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: getting to and from sabiha gokcen airport

Thanks again.

We were looking for somewhere remote (ish) , but not too isolated, and interesting - Patara seems to fit the bill.

We're booking the Delfin guesthouse, which has had some very good reviews on TA.

Very much looking forward to the mix of lazing around and seeing the sights.

london,uk
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: getting to and from sabiha gokcen airport

I got back to Sabiha Gokcen from SultanAhmet (Blue Mosque area) for 6.5TL , yes, you read that correctly , the equivalent of £2.70. I wasn't going to give the thieving taxi drivers anymore of my hard earned cash and because the traffic 5 days earlier made the Havas journey such a nightmare I thought I'd use the train, ferry and bus.

We were staying 100 metres from Cankurtaran station so decided to walk with our bags to the station. We took the train to Sirkeci, 5mins and 1.5TL then crossed the road to catch the ferry , 1.5TL , from Eminonu to Kadikoy. Then we caught the E10 bus to the airport ( about 50mins ). Chilling out and taking pictures on the journeys makes it part of the holiday and was much better than a cramped Havas bus.

9. Re: getting to and from sabiha gokcen airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 13, 2010