We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December weather

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Topic
December weather

Does anyone know the temperature in Istanbul and Ankara in December? I am planning my trip and want to make sure I wear weather appropriate clothing.

thanks

USA
Level Contributor
42 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: December weather

Average High Temperature is 52 F

historical range 37 F to 113 F

Average Low Temperature is 44 F

historical range 30 F to 55 F

There is a 1% chance of a Hot Day (temperature over 90°F) (1 day out of 135 in historical record).

Most consecutive days found in historic record: 0

There is a 10% chance of a Warm Day (temperature over 60°F) (13 days out of 135 in historical record).

Most consecutive days found in historic record: 3

There is a 1% chance of a Freezing Day (temperature below 32°F) (1 day out of 135 in historical record).

Most consecutive days found in historic record: 1

Cloud Cover

Average Cloud Cover is partly cloudy

There is a 51% chance of a Cloudy Day (67 days out of 132 in historical record).

Most consecutive days found in historic record: 9

Wind

Average Wind is 11 mph

historical range 0 mph to 32 mph

There is a 45% chance of a Windy Day (average wind over 10 mph) (61 days out of 135 in historical record).

Most consecutive days found in historic record: 13

Humidity

Average High Dew Point is 45 F

historical range 30 F to 55 F

Average Low Dew Point is 37 F

historical range 16 F to 50 F

There is a 0% chance of a Humid Day (dew point over 65°F) (0 days out of 135 in historical record).

Most consecutive days found in historic record: 0

SEE: http://www.wunderground.com, use 'tripfinder' to find historical data for cities around the globe

Istanbul
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: December weather

Cold and wet. The bad weather starts here in October and gets worse through February. Where lots of layer. Buildings, restaurants and taxis tend to be overheated. Many tourist sites and museums are not heated at all. Bring warm socks and good walking shoes.

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: December weather

Wow, thank you...great information!!

:)