We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A girl trip

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
A girl trip

Hi,

i have been reading the forum and you guys are doing a great job, seriousely i think it would be difficult to plan a trip without TA since i use it execlusively

i havs a couple of questions and i realy need your expertise, i did read ALOT in the forum but it's my first time and i find all the names and places puzzling (it's probably just me ;) )

we are a group of 5 girls, after much research we picked empree zoe, i know it may not be the best choice but i could't help falling in love with it we even ignored the fact of the stairs, but does it get you dizzy as one reviewer on TA said?

my other question would be about which are the best rooms to choose in terms of views and light... and what rooms accomadate more than two, i did email the hotel but i prefer your answers realy

i have read that Sultanahmet area is very touristy so it may not be the place to have a good meal what are your suggestions? a women freindly, great food area?

we also would love to sit at a nice cafe with charachter to just watch peolpe and have a good coffe or tea, any suggestions for a good not so posh place?

thanks guys

west coast
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: A girl trip

sultanahmet is a good place to eat,and plenty of places to do so. there are a lot of cafes around the square. if you want to eat in beyoglu,across the golden horn,Taksim and Istiklal are the places to try.just take a cab back if you are out late at night.

as for which rooms to try,never been in that hotel,but the reviews here under hotels may help you.

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
4,045 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A girl trip

Hi WT,

I cannot comment on rooms but for dinner "woman friendly" popular areas are Asmalimescit (tunnel square/taksim), Bebek, Ortakoy and Nisantasi. Many rest.s at each offer int. and Turkish cuisine. Visit Kozanos and my blog for more info.

Alper

http://locallypera.blogspot.com

http://kozano.wordpress.com

Mentioned in this post
Bebek
Bebek
234 Reviews
Istanbul, Turkey
Ortakoy
Ortakoy
1,505 Reviews
Istanbul, Turkey
Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A girl trip

lovetravelwestcoast ... thank you i did check the TA reviews

Alper thanx for the help will check the links

unfortunately i contacted Emperess Zoe and they are booked for october, does anyone know similar lovely chic hotels within the same area, i did check many many hotel reviews on TA but i need a suggestion

thanks guys for the help

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,728 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A girl trip

There is the "Sebnem" very close to it, it is a very cosy and nice hotel, with a stunning view from the terrace and an extended delicious breakfast but I wouldn´t say that it is "chic".

http://www.sebnemhotel.net/sebnem2.html.

The Alaturka seems to be very appropriate as well, the Armada Hotel, The Angel´s Home, Apricot, and of course the Four Season, very close to the Empress Zoe but "a bit" more expensive.

Good luck

patara01

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Sebnem
Hotel Sebnem
521 Reviews
Istanbul, Turkey
Hotel Empress Zoe
Hotel Empress Zoe
800 Reviews
Istanbul, Turkey
Perrysburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A girl trip

Hi Ladies,

What a shame the Empress Zoe was booked! I agree with Patara's recommendations above...she's stayed at the Sebnem and I've stayed at both the Armada and Alaturka so we can definitely can recommend all three of them. You might also like to check out the Hotel Peninsula and the Grand Peninsula Hotel (owned by the same person), as they've received good reviews here on the forum as well.

Jo

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Empress Zoe
Hotel Empress Zoe
800 Reviews
Istanbul, Turkey
Hotel Sebnem
Hotel Sebnem
521 Reviews
Istanbul, Turkey
Grand Peninsula Hotel
Grand Peninsula Hotel
456 Reviews
Istanbul, Turkey
Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A girl trip

Thank you osamum, the Armada is on our list, seems like a wonderful place, yet i have read that it's one of the farthest from the attractions, but maybe that's not a big deal since it's a 10 minutes walk as i understood, and probably October is a cool month, i will check the rest of the recommended hotels

thank you so much for the assistance

Perrysburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A girl trip

The Armada really isn't far (a three to five minute walk at most from the other hotels mentioned), but it is at the bottom of a hill. If you're going in October the hill shouldn't matter unless you have mobility issues, although it was a sometimes a bit of a huff and puff when we were there for two weeks in July!

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A girl trip

Hi guys,

i got confirmation on availability on those hotels

armada

apricot

sebnem

grand peninsula

best point

sari konak

they differ in price but there are all within our range so price here isn't a top priority though saving wouldn't be a bad idea ;)

i have checked almost all the reviews on TA

but for comparison i realy would appreciate your input coming from well informed and experienced travellers

1- first priority cleanliness and bathroom conditions (it might sound silly but it's the top priority for us) we would be horrofied if we found a smelly moldy poor bathroom, or a bad shower.

2- second would be view, balcony, terrace, garden ...etc you get the picture (a well lit and airy room is very important, cannot stand box like rooms)

3- atmosphere of hotel

4- location and proximity to sights

5- hotel surroundings (restaurants, cafe's, nice streets)

guys i know i am asking alot of questions, but i would really appreciate the help since i feel a bit lost here

thanks in advance

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
40,077 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A girl trip

Hi,

For your criteria, I would rank these hotels as follows: Sari Konak, Armada, Sebnem. Apricot does not have a rooftop terrace as far as I know and I do not know much about Best Point.

good luck,

enigma...

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Sari Konak
Hotel Sari Konak
853 Reviews
Istanbul, Turkey
Hotel Sebnem
Hotel Sebnem
521 Reviews
Istanbul, Turkey
Best Point Hotel
Best Point Hotel
1,090 Reviews
Istanbul, Turkey
Perrysburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A girl trip

1- Cleanliness: Armada was immaculate.

2- Views: Armada: No balconies, but views from rooftop terrace are spectacular. Room views are either seaview (we had seaview superior) or view of Haghia Sophia & Blue Mosque. Many rooms have been recently renovated, so are probably even better than when I was there two years ago. Lots of storage space for clothing, etc. As everywhere, standard rooms will be the smallest.

3- atmosphere of hotel: Armada: Largest by far of all hotels you're looking at, yet very Turkish in atmosphere and has small hotel feel. (Not like large chain hotels at all.)

4- location and proximity to sights: Armada - close to sites, yet area is quieter than other hotels on or just off of Akbiyik Caddesi.

5- hotel surroundings (restaurants, cafe's, nice streets) Armada: Several nice restaurants practically right outside the door: (Sabhattin & Giritli), terrace restaurant at hotel is surprisingly excellent, cafes are just a few minutes walk up the hill. Again, much quieter area because majority of folks stay a few minutes further up the hill. Area is very safe though...no worries at all.

Of the hotels you listed, Grand Peninsula is the newest...opened just a couple of months ago.

Mentioned in this post
Blue Mosque
Blue Mosque
28,535 Reviews
Istanbul, Turkey
Giritli Istanbul
Giritli Istanbul
457 Reviews
Istanbul, Turkey
Grand Peninsula Hotel
Grand Peninsula Hotel
456 Reviews