We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zultanite in Istanbul

hong kong
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Zultanite in Istanbul

I am travelling to Istanbul in about 3 weeks time and would like to know where I can find good quality zultanite in istanbul.

Mentioned in this post
Best of Istanbul: 1, 2, or 3-Day...
188 Reviews
from $100.00*
Special Offer
Small-Group Istanbul in One Day Tour...
1,237 Reviews
from $72.25*
$85.00
Special Offer
2-Day Cappadocia Tour with Optional...
53 Reviews
from $250.75*
$295.00
Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,158 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Zultanite in Istanbul

We are traveling and do not have our information close at hand; however, to the best of his memory my husband thinks he paid about $300 for his 8 carat Zultanite.

If you look under the category of diaspore you can find these stones on eBay occasionally.

France
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Zultanite in Istanbul

I found one site that offer for sale these beautiful stones and another that speaks of zultanites:

www.thaigem.com/shop/?gemstone=Zultanite

allbusiness.com/marketing-advertising/market…

Prices are very expensives !!! 5000 dollar/carat

South Germany
2 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Zultanite in Istanbul

Depends on size and quality. Small roughs in fine quality start with 5 € a gramm, bigger ones in deep green with an intensive colour change to purple go up to 10€ a gramm. Top qualities ( some are as clear as glas) in sizes up to 60 gramms are extra.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,158 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Zultanite in Istanbul

We certainly did not pay $5000 per carat for our Zultanite. Our stones are a very clear light green, and they change hues from that color to a wide variety of shades, including a deep purple and pink.

I do not know anything about their quality. We bought the stones, and worked with a local jeweler to have them made into rings and a pendant. Our local jeweler was exceptionally impressed with the stones, and offered several times to purchase them from us. This makes me think that the stones are of good quality.

I like them, and I did not pay more for them than I could afford or was willing to pay. I love my stones, and am not concerned about their quality. They are exceptionally unique, as you can tell by checking the links provided by the previous poster.

15. Re: Zultanite in Istanbul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 30, 2009