We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Kupeli, Apex Hotel, or Ataturka Hotel?

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Kupeli, Apex Hotel, or Ataturka Hotel?

I am getting boggled reading all of the hotel reviews & trying to choose, and hoping for some advice on where best to book my sister & family to stay in Istanbul. They are looking for a triple or family room to comfortably sleep 2 adults and a teenager.

They are not looking for luxury accomodations and are perfectly satisfied with a budget hotel (hopefully at or under 100euros, but primary considerations are cleanliness, comfortable beds, enough space in the room to not totally be on top of each other, good breakfast, safe neighborhood, and preferably close to sites.

All three of these hotels appear to fit that bill. Any advice (or an alternative suggestion for where they should stay?)

Montbéliard
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Kupeli, Apex Hotel, or Ataturka Hotel?

I only slept at the Alaturka. Location is very excellent (but also so is the location of the Apex), our room (double) was quite large. Staff is helpfull and friendly, breakfast is good with nice view on terrace. Area is not noisy at night.

Also have a look at the Grand Peninsula. Certainly they have a family room, and this hotel is very good and very very silent, even more than the Alaturka. I slept there in April 2009. The only bad thing is that they are building in construction near, but at night it does not work. Anyway, it is the case in nearly every area of Sultanahmet .

Sceaux, France
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Kupeli, Apex Hotel, or Ataturka Hotel?

Alaturka is a good hotel, but my opinion is that Apex is better, more elegant.I have never tried kupeli.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Kupeli, Apex Hotel, or Ataturka Hotel?

Thanks very much for the responses!

The Grand Peninsula looks very nice, but construction/jack hammers at 8am does not sound appealing. Perhaps that is why they offered the lowest triple room price quote of the three?

Kupeli looks lovely also from the website, but am concerned that it looks like most of the reviewers here on TA have only posted 1 or 2 reviews, and I can't find any reviews on any other websites anywhere. Maybe its because it has not been open all that long?

Am thinking perhaps it may be best to just stick with the Apex?

Montbéliard
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Kupeli, Apex Hotel, or Ataturka Hotel?

Don't know Apex, but location is also very good, very close to Arasta Bazar and Bkue Mosk.

Look also Angel's home. We slept there and were very very happy of location, staff, room and silent.

Chicago
Level Contributor
5,260 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Kupeli, Apex Hotel, or Ataturka Hotel?

Take a look at HOTEL NILES. Double rooms cost 70€ and the extra bed will be 15€. The hotel gets consistently good reviews. It's close to the Grand Bazaar and a five-minute walk to Sultanahment.

6. Re: Hotel Kupeli, Apex Hotel, or Ataturka Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 24, 2009